Tropers / Bucco Babe
here! The username is a tribute to my longstanding affection for the Pittsburgh Pirates
, who are the love of my girlhood and a onetime championship baseball team. When I first claimed the name it was with a bit of bravado; my Buccos were in the seventeenth year of what would eventually become a twenty-year losing streak, but I still cheered for them, and so what? But Pittsburgh's boys of summer made it to the playoffs in 2013 and
2014, with the prospect of better things to come. I now look forward to telling any future "Bucco" tropers: "Ha! Got here first!"
Tropes That Apply to Bucco Babe:
Pages Which Bucco Babe Started:
Pages to Which Bucco Babe Has Contributed Two or More Examples:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!....I'm sorry, were you saying something?
- Beware the Nice Ones. Oh, so you thought it would be safe to hassle the placid fat girl? Well, I guess you thought wrong, now didn't you?!? Fortunately for the rest of the world, my retaliatory strikes are usually limited to what can be done with the spoken or the written word. But I'm very good with words.
- Blind Without 'Em. Downright cliche on this one. Without my glasses, I'd have to hold a book up within a couple of inches of my nose to read. And forget about driving without them — I couldn't even see the dashboard well enough, let alone the road or any traffic signals.
- Bookworm. My mother was reportedly the only mom who ever asked my elementary school's PTA how to get a kid to stop reading.
- Brainy Brunette. With just a touch of gray for added distinction.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Grammar Nazi
- Happily Married. A former Christmas Cake who found her Cake Eater.
- Mama Bear
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls. I'm about as "shippy" as the main entry for that trope implies, too. Some of my favored pairings include Picard/Crusher, Janeway/Chakotay, Chakotay/Paris — oh, heck, Chakotay and just about anybody. Series-era Robert Beltran is hot!
- Otaku, in the generic sense of "fangirl." My focus has varied over the years. Originally I was an otaku of Pirates baseball, later of X-Men, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, and other properties.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Smart People Wear Glasses. See above.
- Team Mom
- Trekkie. And how! Since the 1970s.
Also managed to cite Pirate second baseman Bill Mazeroski's 1960 World Series-winning homer under three
separate tropes: Down to the Last Play
, Moment of Awesome
(Real Life/Sports category), and Signature Scene
. A "Bucco Babe" indeed!