Tropers / Brigid
The mildly insane Brigid
here. Page will remain under construction while I try to figure out just what exactly I want to do with this.
Tropes this Troper is an example of
- Adults Are Useless Subverted to hell and back with my parents, without whom I'd probably have gotten myself killed several times over by now.
- Afraid of Needles Deathly afraid. Except I'm not Made of Iron. Hoo boy! Am I not.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! with a side of Aspergers. Life is not boring.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows Yeah. I got em.
- Book Dumb Sort of a subversion. Though my grades up until 7th grade were horrible I really love to read and did great once I could work at my own pace in areas that interested me. As for skills that would be at all practical in real life... only if real life read like a comic book and I got to be the sidekick. (The stays-in-the-lair-with-the-computer sidekick.)
- Brutal Honesty Mainly because I have no sense of subtlety.
- Chaste Hero Never had a boyfriend. Rarely have been interested in a boyfriend. Haven't a clue how to get a boyfriend or know if a boy is interested in me (unless he's being creepy about it). It could be Asexuality but I have my doubts.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome Got this bad. Person I know is in trouble? Gotta help. Two people arguing? Gotta step in to try to resolve it. Person is sick with something? Research a hundred and one ways to cure it. This is rarely necessary, wanted, or actually helpful, but I try.
- Digging Yourself Deeper And deeper and deeper...
- Dojikko Major klutz here. In elementary school I once beat up a boy who was attacking me because I slipped on some ice and fell on him. Probably one of the reasons for my acrophobia, mentioned below.
- Genre Savvy Except I'm not actually in a story, so I end up sounding like a Cloudcuckoolander. Especially when it turns out to be the Wrong Genre Savvy.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck! What can I say? I might use hell once in a while, but usually in a phrase like "going to hell in a hand basket."
- Heavy Sleeper I get it from my Dad. It's been rumored that an air raid siren could go off outside his window and he wouldn't notice.
- Hot-Blooded I'm part Irish. Comes with the territory.
- Intergenerational Friendship I get along best with toddlers and old people. Though I actually do have a few friends around my age.
- Kids Are Cruel One of the few things I learned in public school.
- Lethal Chef When I don't actually incinerate the food it can be almost edible. Whoa betide anyone if I try something fancy. (Maybe if I didn't forget that I left the stove on so often.)
- Mood-Swinger Actually used to be more like mood ricochet but I'm getting better.
- Older Than They Look In my mid-twenties and still get mistaken for a teenager on a fairly regular basis. I blame Mom, who has it even worse than I do. (It's getting better, though. Being short doesn't help.)
- Occidental Otaku Technically speaking since I'm rather thoroughly not Asian and have a strong interest in anime and the like. Though I would hope that I'd be rather less annoying than the typical depiction.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette I have quite dark hair and people frequently comment on how pale I look. *sigh*
- Pettanko Some A cups are too big for me. ~.~
- Plucky Girl I don't angst much. Well, I have been known to get some pretty bad bouts of depression, but I always bounce back. No real choice, gotta keep going on with life.
- Shutting Up Now Usually way too late to do any good.
- Spell My Name with an "S" You would not believe how many people get my name wrong. Both my online name and my actual name.
- Tsundere Sort of. I certainly have some of those tendencies.
- Strange Girl Aside from the goth thing, this pretty much describes me.
- Take Over the World What I wanted to do in elementary school. I gave it up when I found out how much trouble it would be to stay in that position.
- Trademark Favorite Food I looooooove strawberries.
- Trash of the Titans If only I could get my attempts to get organized organized.
- Why Did It Have To Be Heights Pretty much every time I have to change a light bulb.
- Weirdness Magnet I have very strange luck. Very, very strange luck.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist Depends on the setting. Around cynical people I tend to be this. Around innocent people I tend to be more of a cynic. Go figure.