Tropers / Brainedby Saucepans
Powered by caffeine
and various tobacco blends
, with an archaic sense of sartorial propriety
and a Nice Hat
; Brainedby Saucepans
: eccentric chap and self-declared Pipe-Smoker of the Year 2009.
A fan of:
Things I can thank TVTropes for:
- Chris Morris - Jam and Blue Jam (the radio series that was it's precursor) are pure genius, and anyone who knows their Chris Morris will already know I'm a Brass Eye fan...
- Douglas Adams - Everyone should know where their towel is!
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge - Got into him after reading Dirk Gently and was entranced.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Mike>Joel
- Star Trek - I'm a DS 9 fan, make what you like of that.
- Terry Gilliam - His Monty Python animations are incredibly surreal, and his films are pretty much genius!
- Katawa Shoujo - Never really got into the visual novel thing, but this is definitely a worthy exception. Rin FTW!
- Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei - I came across various references to this amazing anime as soon as I became a Troper, but only when I read the page quote on Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant did I think; "Okay I have got to watch this!" The entire Anime Society at my uni is in TV Tropes' debt.
- The Order of the Stick - Had heard of it before, but only when I clicked a random link to it and started reading did I realise how awesome it was.
- The Prisoner - Another one I had heard of but not paid too much attention to, I am currently on the fourth episode of the original series and completely hooked already.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Preacher - Has gone straight to the top of my favourite comic books things about stuff. Ever
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - You think I don't like this series? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!?
- Switching from cigarettes to an electronic equivalent simply so I don't have to leave my computer to smoke: TV Tropes may in fact have literally saved my life!