Despite his taste in fiction
, including things like the Nasuverse
and My Lovely Ghost Kana
, he is on the young side
(or at least, he was when he got into them). Due to emotional issues that've been going on for a while (and the ones who caused it denying it, keeping him from getting proper help), he had to find my own peace in learning, studying philosophy and psychology in his spare time. As such, a lot of people consider him to be Wise Beyond Their Years
, which allows him more freedom in his taste in fiction. He is a strong believer that Rousseau Was Right
, and that despite the fact that a large amount
of humans are assholes
, there's just as many that want to see people smile.
Oh, also. He has very bad chronic depression. Because he Desperately Craves Affection
, if you Do Not Like Men
or Hate Being Touched
, please let him know nicely before he asks you for a hug so he doesn't feel like a jackass.
This Troper provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: His father is a Complete Monster Man Child who's catchphrase could be "It's All About Me" and has done many things that would be considered physical, emotional, and financial abuse. Fortunately, action has been taken, but it has left him scarred for life.
- Actual Pacifist: Mostly.
- A God Am I: At times.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Does this a lot.
- Animal Motifs: Lions. Hilarity Ensues whenever he plays Final Fantasy VIII.
- Badass Creed: "Come what may, I will never give up" is his. It may sound cheesy, but remembering the phrase has given him hope when he had none.
- Badass Fingersnap: His dance style is based on this.
- Berserk Button: In general, intolerance and people who insult the beliefs of others.
- Big Eater
- The Big Guy
- Bittersweet Ending: How most of his stories end, when they're not Downer Endings or Sudden Downer Endings.
- Blood Brothers: He knows who he is.
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Broken Bird: Boy is he ever.
- Buddhism: A mixture of this and Paganism.
- But Now I Must Go: His biggest fear is that his friends will do this and forget about him, which has happened in the past.
- Cake Eater
- Cannot Spit It Out: The case for a good portion of his life.
- Catch Phrase: "I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry" and "Spoilers" are becoming this.
- Character Alignment: Neutral Good, leaning on Chaotic Good.
- The Chew Toy
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Covert Pervert
- Dark and Troubled Past: Not too bad, but... not too good.
- Deconstruction: A living one of Tsundere.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Despair Event Horizon: Constantly standing on the borderline, and occasionally crossing it.
- Desperately Craves Affection
- Genius Ditz
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: A hobby.
- Heel Face Revolving Door: Up until his...
- Heroic BSOD: Has way too many in way too short a period of time.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Sometimes.
- Case in point: Upon hearing the crazy May 21, 2011 doomsday theory, his reaction was "Where's the mass panic? I want to go looting!".
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: To him, EVERYTHING. Especially his DREAMS.
- Hope Is Scary: Due to loss of/betrayal by close friends/family, whenever anything gives him hope he's terrified that it'll just be taken away.
- Hot Blooded: "I've got this burning feeling like my veins are filled with nothing but gasoline, and with a spark it's gonna be the biggest fire they've ever seen!" sums him up quite well.
- I Just Want to Be Special
- The Insomniac: Type B.
- I Will Wait for You
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Knight Errant: What he wants to do with his life, apart from writing.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Yes, he is a sarcastic ass, but that doesn't mean he isn't basically Shiro Emiya.
- The Lancer: Always.
- Large Ham
- Love Martyr
- Madden Into Misanthropy: Dangerously close.
- Mind Rape: His dreams, his dreams, his fucking dreams!
- No Respect Guy
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Even admits it to people. They don't buy it. Has lead to Becoming the Mask on multiple occasions.
- The Power of Friendship: Effectively the only thing keeping him sane.
- Shrinking Violet
- Something about a Rose: The rose is his calling card.
- Stepford Smiler: Somewhere between type 1 and 2.
- The Stoic: His public persona.
- Madness Mantra: I mustn't run away.
- Sanity Slippage: Prone to it.
- Token Evil Teammate: Not quite evil, but among his circle of friends he's certainly the worst.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Egg sandwich for breakfast, Salisbury Steak for everything.
- Tsundere: A prime example of why it DOESN'T work in real life.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Does it even need saying?
- The Unfettered
- (Considered by some to be) Wise Beyond Their Years
- “Well Done Son” Guy: Which is absolutely wonderful when your father is a genuinely terrible person.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Sometimes. Not TOO extreme, though.
- The Woobie: Has been called this by friends.
- You Are Worth Hell: Would rather burn for eternity with his loved ones than live in peace without.