"Video games are bad for you? That's exactly what they said about rock and roll."Round these parts, I go by Aramil, or Ari for short. Feel free to vandalize, it's at the bottom of the page. Also, feel free to trope me as you wish. I spend my days playing video games, sleeping through school, getting high on Mountain Dew, browsing /b/, watching anime, ruining my grades, ignoring my homework and troping. I play three different instruments: Trumpet, guitar, and piano. I am somewhat proficient in all of these. I draw (somewhat poorly), program in Scratch and Python, write fiction, study botany, chemistry, and I am a huge history buff. However, my grades suck.
open/close all folders
Things I Like
Anime and Manga
- Death Note. I've read most of the manga, and watched all the anime.
- Eden of the East. The game of giving them ten billion yen to try and save Japan, and the UNUSED idea of having the Selecao hunt down the others by means of Juiz could have worked really well. But I'm done bitching about that for now, so you can expect some fanfiction from me in the future.
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. I feel that this was the only sequel/prequel to FF 7 that retconned the least, and therefore this and FF 7 are the only media in the series I consider canon.
- Full Metal Alchemist. Just starting to watch it, though.
- High School of the Dead. It probably has the best first episode of any anime I've ever watched, and my only complaint was that they tried to poke fun at fanservice by giving a few of the females unreasonably large tits and sound effects when they bounced, along with gratuitous ass/tit shots that bordered on softcore porn. And it happened A LOT.
Live Action TV, Documentaries
- The Legend of Zelda
- ZOHMYFUCKINGGOD SKYWARD SWORD CAME OUT
- Twilight Princess, followed by Ocarina of Time and then Link to the Past.
- Panzer Dragoon for Sega Saturn.
- NiGHTS for Saturn.
- Guardian Heroes for Saturn.
- Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast.
- Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast.
- Ikaruga, also Dreamcast.
- Final Fantasy
- My favorites are in this order: 7, 9, 4.
- Castlevania. IV, followed by III and Dracula X Chronicles.
- Medieval: Total War, and Rome: Total War.
- Civilization III
- Contra, and Contra III: The Alien Wars. Espicially the SPRAY GUN!
- ActRaiser. One of my new favorites, actually.
- Kid Icarus which is HARD AS FUCK and still addicting.
- Sonic the Hedgehog. Adventure and Adventure 2. Colors was great, and I'm playing the FUCK out of Generations.
- Call of Duty, sometimes. It'll only hold my attention for so long, and it's only fun when you're winning, and of course you have to play a ton to be good. I'm really sick of it, but I'm not going to spend my time bitching at Activision for making money.
- Super Mario Bros. series
- Portal and Portal 2.
- Street Fighter, II and III. Haven't played IV. Also enjoyed
- Marvel vs. Capcom
- Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
- Pokémon, Special Pikachu Edition, Silver, and Emerald.
- Sega Dreamcast. This is my favorite console. It was ahead of its time, it was the first 128-bit console, it was the first online console, and it's just... amazing. Plus, it's got one of the best libraries ever, and even better for only being in production for three years.
- Super Nintendo. Platformers and RPGs are my favorite, after all.
- Sega Saturn. Panzer Dragoon series, Nights, Dragon Force, Shining Force III, Guardian Heroes, and the huge library of fighting games and shoot-em-ups.
- Final Fantasy VII: The Sevening
- 8-Bit Theatre
- Cyanide and Happiness
- Death Note Abridged
- Perfect Kirby
- Ben Drowned
- Marble Hornets
- Final Fantasy VII Abridged
Tropes That Apply To Me
- Attention Deficit-- Ooh, Shiny!. I usually won't want to watch a movie in one sitting. Or play a video game marathon.
- Awesomeness by Analysis
- Badass Bookworm. Kind of.
- Berserk Button. When anyone complains about graphics on consoles released after the N64, and the Call of Duty fanbase.
- Butt Monkey
- Brilliant but Lazy. I know an unbelievable amount about things listed in my intro, but I am very lazy, and as such I am a C student.
- Catch Phrase. "This is gold."
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Comedic Sociopathy: Things that aren't supposed to be funny, I find funny, and things that are supposed to be funny I find offensive.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass I normally fail at life, grades, trip over flat surfaces, and then I play vidya.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Eating Lunch Alone. Sometimes, less often than usual at this moment.
- Friendless Background. Until recently.
- For the Evulz
- Forgets to Eat. Because I'm so busy. All of the time.
- Grammar Nazi
- Hacker Cave. Includes my room, which serves as a video game cave as well.
- Hates Being Touched. IF YOU TOUCH ME—I WILL KILL YOU.
- Insane Troll Logic
- Internet Backdraft. Any of my opinions on Final Fantasy games seem to be blasphemy to anyone besides those that I've met here or in person.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Messy Hair. VERY unkempt.
- Must Have Caffeine. In the mornings, it's unbelievable on how much coffee I drink.
- Nervous Wreck. Possibly due to also being The Insomniac.
- Playful Hacker
- Refuge in Audacity. Cluster F-Bomb applies.
- Straight Gay
- The Mentally Disturbed. I have really bad anxiety.
- The Stoner
- Wise Beyond Their Years. I'm way too smart for my own good. I'm fourteen.
Vandalism!Please vandalize me. I feel lonely. :(
- About damn time you got yourself a proper account. Welcome to TV Tropes, and thank you for ripping off my page intro! :) ~ A Fellow Gametard
- Hello, just wanted to say I love you're red avatar, I can hear him yell dumbass every time I see it
- You are now married to Konata Izumi ~ Fergzilla
- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NOT THAT, PLEASE!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!
- What a nice page you have here. ~Rockonman
- Just like Beggar's Canyon back home! -desdendelle
- From Hell's heart, I vandalize at thee! - Hobgoblin
- Nice choices on "things you like". Keep on the good work. - Amused Troper Guy