Tropers: Andy Waltfeld
This article is about the contributor. For the fictional character of the same name, see the Gundam SEED Character Sheet.
This article is about a contributor who is suffering from Alt-itis or has otherwise drastically reinvented him/her-self as a Troper. Up-to-date information may be found at Haken Browning.
Recipe for [adult swim]: take Fox Network seconds, idiot plots, choppy animation, and infrequently nude hookers with the bodies of 55 year old chain-smokers giggling about a first kiss like they were in 5th grade. Mix in some Tim & Eric and poorly-scheduled anime and bake in Atlanta. It's kind of like watching the Disney Channel narrated by your ten year old nephew after a blow to the head.
-Andy Waltfeld twists [as]'s recipe for Code Geass to his own acerbic tastes
The same, but with less gratuitous swearing. Sure, let's go with that.Some say that he can get five bars of sun playing Boktai on a moonless night, and that he'd been editing as an unknown throughout December because he was running from Nine Ball. All we know is, he's not the Stig, nor is he the Stig's Troper cousin, though he HAS been mistaken for Top Gear producer Andy Wilman. Yep, named after THAT Andy Waltfeld, and about as much of a Bunny-Ears Lawyer as his fictional predecessor. Initially joining to build cred for clarifying and adding Wicks for Code Lyoko (not to mention taking a side in the Jeremy/Jeremie debate), he generally takes to a decidedly offbeat combination of Entry Pimping and Wild Mass Guessing for his current obsessions. Currently numbered among those obsessions:
- Billy Vs SNAKEMAN (ID: AnWaltfeld, plug in "78019" when joining)
- Brave Fencer Musashi (Intro codifier, among other bits)
- Legend of Dragoon (Slowly but surely refurbishing the page)
- Mega Man (On-again, Off-again editor, primarily in the Legends and Battle Network departments)
- Metal Gear (Recently added Acid entries to the character sheet)
- Parasite Eve (Intermittent cleanup efforts following earlier edit blitz, character sheet architect)
- Policenauts (Page Creator)
- RFU (Probably the only other Troper besides Truec who's ever read the thing)
- The Salvation War (Once-frequent editor, now mostly fixes syntax and stuff)
- Snatcher (You'll know it's him when someone tries to USE METAL GEAR > EDIT)
- Super Robot Wars (Has barely touched the page, overridden by TROMBE!)
- UFO After Blank (Supplanting X-COM's position, though not the Page Creator)
- Voltes V (Page Creator)
- Xabungle (Page Creator) (Made of Win point-earning page)
- Armored Core (Currently lacks a PS2 or PS3 and can't play anything newer than Master of Arena)
- Code Lyoko (WMG Page Usurper)
- Doctor Who (Trope Example Reorganizer)
- Front Mission (Page Creator, WMG Page Creator)
- Sid Meierís Alpha Centauri (Irregular Page Contributor)
- Top Gear (Probably won't touch the page again until BBC America picks up the next few series)
- Tropic Thunder (Contributor playing a Contributor disguised as another Contributor)
- X-COM (Page Creator)
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy (has logged about 300 hours)
- Dynasty Warriors (is only familiar with the PSP titles)
- Kamen Rider in general (Black RX, Den-O, Decade, and W in particular)
- Belief Makes You Stupid (Name Scavenger, YKTTW Pitcher & Launcher)
- Locked into Strangeness (Namer, Launcher)
- Starfish Language (Launcher)
This Troper provides Examples of:
- Ascended Fanboy
- Back from the Dead (TWICE: once after the big "Killer Hack" and once after his computer got hit with a particularly nasty Trojan. Thrice if you count his canon self. Up to four and a half times depending on how you count GuavaMoment killing him by Lobsterman firing squad and/or the Livestream link permaban from 4chan that gave rise to his Haken Browning persona.)
- Knight in Sour Armor (Read his deviantART on a particularly soapbox-y day and try to come away with an optimistic message. I dare you.)
- Screwed by the Network (Repeatedly. In the ass. With no lube.)
- Verbal Tic, nyoro~n (Though "full stop" was once prevalent during his short edits.)
Made of Win Counter: 2
- Coining the term "Two Xanatos Pileup" during the YKTTW for Mind Game Ship (conferred by Insanity Prelude).
- Making the Xabungle page, among other mecha edits (conferred by whitetigah).
People or Author-Type Entities Andy Has Creeped The Fuck Out: 3ANDY'S NOTE: This is not a list I'm particularly proud of. Especially not in the wake of certain events.
- GuavaMoment, Lets Player of X-COM games
- Jade Star, Let's Player of UFO After Blank games
- apparently, by extension, a good chunk of the Something Awful LP board
- weaselrfu, lead man of RFU