Hello. My screen name is Androgeos
, although I used "Altiris" as a screen name for quite some time. I live in Singapore, and my hobbies are using the computer, writing, eating and doing nothing.
Since this is TV Tropes, I've decided to describe myself by doing it like a regular article, and in a fashion that nobody should ever take seriously. I hope it helps.
This contributor has created the following articles:
This contributor is currently playing the following games:
- MapleStory: I've been playing MapleSEA since 2007, although I went on extended hiatus twice. Because I'm a casual player, I take a much, much longer time to level up than even the estimates provided by this Wiki's article on it.
- Need For Madness?: I've been playing NFM1 since 2005 and moved on to newer games in the series when they are released. The games don't allow cheating, so the article I created for this game is based on sheer gaming experience.
- Raptor: Call of the Shadows: One of the first computer games I ever played, alongside BioMenace, and I still play it from time to time. I'm good, but I've seen other players pull off more ridiculous feats.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon: My cousin lent me his copy of the original when I was 10. I've been hooked to the series ever since. I also own RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 and its two expansion packs. In recent months, I've been fortunate enough to run my copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 off computers with decent hardware and GPUs. If it wasn't for MapleStory, I'd be playing it more often.
- SimCity: The Deluxe Edition of SimCity 4. I also have SimCity 2000 stashed somewhere, but I no longer play it.
- SPISPOPD: I have a copy of Supreme With Cheese. Hard difficulty is my choice on any level.
- TrackMania Nations Forever: I'm ranked within the top 250 000 players on the worldwide ladder, not that it says much. I usually play on the Mini LoOOoL ツ or »тм« Beginner FreeZones in Germany.
- Tyrian: I have uncovered every secret there is to Tyrian 2000 from playing it, as well as cheating in ENGAGE mode. Slow speed and Hard difficulty is my preference when I'm not cheating. My preferred weapons loadout is a (constant) Laser, Sonic Wave, Companion Ship Gerund, Protron Cannon Tangerine and the SDF Main Gun.
This contributor provides examples of:
- Always Second Best: I never aim to be first, because everyone else is aiming for first. I gun for second, and I find it much easier to get.
- Captain Oblivious: Was called this after annoying too many Internet users over my lack of knowledge regarding anything that is mainstream. It's not as if I want to know, anyway.
- Chaotic Good / Chaotic Neutral: I waffle between Type 1 Chaotic Good and Type 4 Chaotic Neutral. Rule of thumb: if I'm thinking or not feeling happy, I'm much closer to the latter. Only when I'm in very high spirits and not thinking that much am I closer to the former.
- Death Glare: My normal flat facial expression appears to be this.
- Determined Defeatist: I come from a line of laymen who have a can-do approach to everything. Mix that with the way I tend to look at things and you get this.
- Forgetful Jones: Just look at my edit history! Very often, I spot other errors in an article only after I submit my first edit.
- Hype Aversion: In my dictionary, the definition of "mainstream" is the same as the definition of "rubbish".
- Insult Backfire: Having been called a moron, a lunatic and oblivious by members of the Internet communities I visit, I now regard these adjectives as compliments if they are directed at me.
- The Lancer: I'm forever envious of people in positions of great power, but I'd hate to be placed in a similar position. I also like to work alone to help a team. I can work in a team, of course, but I doubt I would be just as effective.
- Literal-Minded: When I first came out on the Internet, I was pretty much this. I've managed to distance myself a little from this trope in recent months, but jokes and comments made in Sarcasm Mode to me may still fall flat on occasion.
- Motor Mouth: I've been told in person that I speak too fast. On a personal note, I cannot recite the first two paragraphs of the invoked trope's article without taking three very deep breaths.
- No Social Skills: Slightly above the bar, but not by much. Enough to be on neutral terms with almost everybody I meet, but not enough to sympathise with or befriend them.
- Perpetual Frowner: Unfortunately, my flat face is also comes off like this, even to myself.
- The Quiet One: I don't like talking, especially when I'm doing something else (which is basically everything else).
- Reasonable Authority Figure: I consider rule-bending to be something that needs to be done when the situation needs it. Like how Dettol boasts that it can kill a percentage of germs when you use it, 99.9% of scenarios do not require it. That's my take on this, at least.