General Bio:I tend to remain in the background. As of yet, I have no new pages to my name, not a single YKTTW, and only an example added here or there. Not too impressive. Right. So. Fairly new to TvTropes, still figuring out the ropes, probably leaving loads and loads of formatting issues in my wake as I edit the Wiki ... Which I truly don't intend, but there you are. Actually, this page is probably rife with aforementioned formatting errors. This is mainly because I'm totally blind and so can't really see how this looks on a screen, and am just guessing for the most part. To combat this, there is a nice little guestbook thing at the bottom where if you're kind you can let me know how to fix my errors. I spend my free time reading, writing, watching movies and television with family, listening to radio dramas, playing the flute, and doing assorted other activities less tailored to my interests but which happily prolong my life. I'm also an unabashed fan of Lighter and Softer media, the Rule of Fun and the MST3K Mantra: I can't help it if reality hands me some crud every now and then, but I don't have to take it from my preferred forms of entertainment as well.
Want More?If so, you can also find me:
- writing fanfiction as Amethyst Asheryn;
- writing original fiction as Amethyst Asheryn;
- showcasing audio editing projects and maybe eventually some song covers on YouTube as, unsurprisingly, Amethystasheryn;
- and journaling under the much older, blander and more self-explanatory handle of Alison211.
Anime and Manga
- Alex Rider
- Artemis Fowl
- The Bartimaeus Trilogy
- The Circle of Magic Quartet
- Ender's Game
- Good Omens
- The Great Gatspy
- Half Moon Investigations
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- The Hunger Games
- Jeeves and Wooster
- Norwegian Wood
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Sector General
- Snow Crash
- The Temeraire series
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The True Meaning of Smekday
- The A-Team
- Blake's 7
- Doctor Who - mostly the classic series.
- Kenan & Kel
- Knight Rider
- The Lone Gunmen
- Monty Python
- Oz And James - Bit of a guilty pleasure.
- Red Dwarf
- The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Star Trek - All of them excluding Enterprise, that is.
- Top Gear - ... That's why Oz And James is a guilty pleasure.
- The X-Files
Tropes That Apply to Me:
- Apologizes a Lot: I say sorry for saying sorry. This is usually because I honestly have no idea what else to say.
- Beige Prose: When explaining things, I give as much information as I would have liked to receive, which isn't always enough for other people.
- Brainy Brunette
- Cane Fu: Very occasionally.
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch: I've been guilty of this on several occasions. Much to my chagrin, I usually end up loving those same shows eventually.
- Daddy's Girl: Not that I don't love my Mom, but my Dad and I are the nerds of the family and have a very similar sense of humor, so I definitely take after him. Bonus points: I bear more of a resemblance to him than I do to my Mom.
- Deadpan Snarker: Though not to an overwhelming degree.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Because I'm too proud for my own good.
- Double Entendre: Due to prolonged use of the Internet and what have you, I have quite the gutter mind, but I usually keep that to myself, to the point where even my family can forget about it. When I do voice some innuendo I think is too good to pass up, it tends to startle them.
- Fan Fic: Guilty, as shown in the link above. It spans the spectrum from Dark Fic to W.A.F.F., depending on my mood.
- Fan Vid: Guilty again. Although it's more fan audio in my case, because being blind, I can't do the actual video. I use audio clips instead. Not as cool for anybody gifted with sight, but what the heck.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I consciously do not swear ... so end up with phrases like "friggin awesome" and "pretty kick-butt", but it's a nice challenge in the world of today.
- Hazel Eyes: Well, hazel prosthetics, anyway.
- Lovable Coward / Slightly Grubby Coward: Well, definitely "coward". Which of the above two tropes best fits me has yet to be determined, and probably depends on what you think of me in the first place.
- Motor Mouth: A fairly tame variety, as many things are with me. When I have my ideas in line and don't have to stop to think, people have had to tell me to slow down; I have the ideas but don't quite have the clear enunciation to go with, so I'll start slurring words by mistake.
- Neat Freak
- Non-Action Snarker
- Not So Above It All: Occasionally.
- Older Than They Look: I am very, very short for my age.
- Picky Eater
- The Quiet One
- Self-Deprecation: General motto: "Make a joke or die of embarrassment."
- The Slacker
- Straight Edge: Mostly because I find that living clean is easier than not living clean.
- Straight Girl
- The Teetotaler
- Trademark Favorite Food: Dr. Pepper, to the point where I can go out to eat with friends and forget to order my drink, and they'll still come back to the table with exactly what I would have ordered had I remembered to do so.
The Guestbook:Or comments section ... Talk bit ... Whatever. Edits welcome below this line.
- Your page... it's so... so organized! - Adele Potter