'Sup. The name's Alyss Baraen, named after my character. Or was it the other way around? I'm your not-so-typical Singaporean, being on several places for the heck of it. The places I'm found on the most are Youtube, Ace Attorney Online, and of course, DeviantArt. I'm the creator of Randomness in the Fantasy Land (currently on an indefinite hiatus), arguably a slight rip-off of KimikoMuffin's Create.swf Adventures....only mine is WAY more confusing and serious....okay maybe not that WAY part I joined deviantART and the Walfas Club somewhere in the docks of November to December 2010, but only started being active around March 2011, and I've been doing comics ever since. Notable works of mine include Welcoming of the Illusions (pretty terrible), Walpurgis Night (Meh), Human of the Divine (the original was BAD, but the Remix is much better), Asylum of Souls, Magical Girl Month and DOZENS of collabs. I am also member of Walfas Club 2 and Nitori's Station Wagon. And also, I am indeed the Director/Creator/Head Writer of The Crossroad Below is a half-completed list of characters that appear in my works. Happy reading! (Note: Characters that have appeared in Walfas but are NOT part of Visionary Requiem have only a Walfas Image as their profile picture. Characters that have appeared in Walfas and ARE part of Visionary Requiem have not only a Walfas image, but also an Orizen picture. I do not own Orizen. It just has cool characters) (Note 2: The list of characters is no longer official and only left in for reference purposes. Most of them are now/will be on The Crossroad's page.)
open/close all folders
Kigurou Enkou / Kumiko Fujimoto
- A God I Am Not: I am a sinful human being regardless of what I do, and I already have my own God anyway.
- Author Avatar: I'd like to say 'not quite', because Kumiko doesn't represent me, she IS me.
- Author Filibuster: Well duh.
- Berserk Button: Calling me by a certain variation of my name...
- Break the Cutie: See above quote, it's a job requirement as a writer. Notable characters I have broken are Chika/Zainan, Elef and Gerhild.
- Drama Queen: Frequently Played for Laughs in the Skype Chat.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Don't.call.me. DEBBINS!
- The Glasses Come Off: Played for Laughs here
- Genre Savvy: Oh, You don't say?
- Jerkass: It's a job requirement.
- Lack of Empathy: Subverted. Authors are humans too.
- No Sense of Humor: Sometimes in the Skype Chat.
- Sir Swearsalot: Hahahahaha......frick.
- Terrified of Germs: When I was younger, I forbid ANYONE in my family to say that G Word...
- There Are No Coincidences
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Most of the guys down at the Walfas Club Skype Chat are Knight in Sour Armors, but when you compare someone like me to, say, MegaGundamMan...
- Took a Level in Badass: Again, Played for Laughs.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: A strong believer in this trope
- Why Did It Have To Be Cockroaches?
Members of Visionary Requiem
Kazuko Nakamae / Alyss Baraen
The OC version of me. Kazuko Nakame is a detective who was originally set for the Ace Attorney Universe, but I was like 'Screw it' and made her my Touhou OC. Later, she joined an organization (note: inverted trope, we're not evil) known as Visionary Requiem, and then went under the alias of 'Alyss Baraen', working as the Head of its bomber unit. Whoever she is, she's always there to uphold justice.....or cause shenanigans
- All a Part of the Job: She could easily stop being a detective, stop being part of the alliance and be an Ordinary High-School Student. Why doesn't she? Because she LOVES it.
- Allergic to Routine: To a certain extent, yes.
- Anti-Hero: Type II.
- Arch-Enemy: Rumia Yagami. It's been more than confirmed the two of them have a strained relationship over Seth, which often leads to Crack Pairing or Love Triangle jokes.
- Badass Abnormal: Her typical choice of entertainment is a fantastical world filled with dangerous creatures, as well as other outsiders, who can manipulate all sorts of matter. Her abilities? Bombs and Teleportation. She can kick their ass EASILY
- Berserk Button: If someone is VERY evil, she will beat the SHIT out of them, give them a lecture on how much suffering they have caused, while laughing all the way. God (don't) help you if you are a ruthless murderer
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Again, to a certain extent
- Catch Phrase: "It's Called X! USE IT!"
- Alternatively, "It's Called X! LEARN IT!"
- Friend to All Children: Subverted; Friend to all ADULTS. Unless you're a Jerkass
- Genre Savvy
- Go and Sin No More: Towards Zainan/Chika in Asylum of Souls. This unfortunately leads to the Zero-Approval Gambit below.
- Heroic Willpower: She learnt it from her friend Swerve
- Humble Hero
- I Am What I Am: Her ENTIRE fight against Gerhild in Eternal Darkness Sidestory
- Neutral Good: Even before she joined Visionary Requiem
- She's secretly religious
- No Sell: Mind Control and seduction attacks have only a 5% chance of working on her
- Pastimes Prove Personality: Hey, she's a detective! Maybe she's a justice whore! ...wait, she LIKES challenging her friends in a brawl and beating up villains?
- Playing with Fire: Close Enough
- Real Women Love Jesus: And HOW.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Her main defense power
- It was actually chosen for her to contrast with Elyse, who has the power of Railgun
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: She's a human, so she has to attack youkai in self defense
- Tough Love: Oh so much...
- Trademark Favorite Food: Several, but if you mention Sashimi....
- Tsundere: Hovering somewhere between Type A and B, mostly due to her Tough Love
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: A strong believer in this trope— Wait, this sounds familiar...
- Zero-Approval Gambit: The Human Village despises Alyss for not only forgiving Zainan/Chika after the Asylum of Souls incident, but even convincing her to join VR.
Chisato Akimoto/Reiko Shiki/Elyse Hakujou
The OC version of my friend irregularEscapist. She is a Childhood friend of Alyss, and is quite different from her. Currently, she is the founder of Visionary Requiem, and is also the Oyabun of its Yakuza.
- Affectionate Parody of Mikoto Misaka
- Aggressive Negotiations: Averted HARD. Elyse, as much as possible, wants to prevent needless bloodshed, so she negotiates, even makes an alliance with, several people who don't like her at first glance
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt her (adopted) daughter. EVER. Don't try to steal her tacos either. Or her E-Tanks, for that matter
- Dark and Troubled Past: Having Jerkass parents, then having her older sister forced to fight a war, then having her ENTIRE home being destroyed by an actual Evil Organization, THEN having said older sister KILL her older brother for mistakenly thinking he was a traitor. Good.fucking.GOD
- Angst? What Angst?: Surprisingly, she's completely unaffected by all this
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half Human Half Aragami, but you can go with the more fancy term, Aragami Doll-Type
- Hidden Heart of Gold
- I Have Many Names: Chisato Akimoto as her birth name, Reiko Shiki as her detective alias and Elyse Hakujou as her Visionary Requiem identity
- Lawful Neutral: Considering her past actions and her job, it doesn't really make sense, but she usually follows the law. Usually
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Twice. She's the Blue to Alyss' Red, but the Red to Nagori's blue
- Sympathetic Murderer: Can you really blame her for killing the complete Jerkass of her parents?
- Shock and Awe
- The Stoic: What she appears to be to people she meets for the first time
- Tough Love: Same reason as Alyss
- Trademark Favorite Food: Watermelon and Energy Tanks
- Genki Girl when she drinks Energy Tanks
- Yakuza: Do not leave your energy tanks around or her yakuza will come to steal and retrieve it for her. And no they will NOT return it
The OC version and namesake of my OTHER friend. Roozu is an acquaintance with Alyss and the ONLY Visionary Requiem member who is married. She murdered her husband though. She is the co-founder of Visionary Requiem and has an Aardvark Unit.
- Action Mom: To Rainier and Pomme
- Affably Evil: Go to her lovely restaurant where she'll serve you the freshest human meat around! Also try her almond (read: cyanide) cupcakes!
- Axe Crazy: ...and don't meet her on her job
- Aura Vision: She doesn't use it too much, though
- Bad Boss: Poor Rainier...somehow, this is the EXACT opposite for Pomme
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted; She can cook, but she is definitely NOT Feminine
- Hidden Heart of Gold: She still has a soft spot for her allies, even if they are 'goody-goody'
- I'm a Humanitarian: She even has her own Restaurant!
- Improbable Weapon User: See above
- Insane Equals Violent
- Neutral Evil: And yet she still has friends who are on the Good side...
- Meaningful Name: Do I need to explain?
- Rose-Haired Girl: It's in her goddamn name!
The Self-Insert of another friend. She is another friend of Alyss, and is also a member of Visionary Requiem as...a member of Project Kusanagi (whatever the hell that is). She is killed by an unknown assassin and has her right hand torn and sold off, but her boyfriend Kyo 'revives' her by placing her soul into Alma.
- Axe Crazy
- Back from the Dead: As Alma
- In a bizarre way, as she isn't revived as a human again per se, she just gets her soul placed into a robot
- Badass Normal: Subverted; save her ability to be in two places at once, she isn't very powerful without her chainsaw and/or gun
- Chainsaw Good: Such a pity I don't remember why
- Chaotic Neutral: "I don't care who you are. Just be my friend and I'm good"
- I'm a Humanitarian: Presumably, as she works with Roozu and Lamia at the Rose Garden Diner
- Me's a Crowd: Her power is Bilocation
- Zettai Ryouiki
A robot who was created by Kyo Kuzemineko to store Nikko's soul and is thus a member of Visionary Requiem. Supposedly she is replacing Nikko's role. She has an obsession for people's eyes and has verbal and physical tourettes syndrome, mainly due to the fact she is a 'newborn'
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: With Eyeballs, at least
- Chaotic Neutral: Well, she IS Nikko's reincarnation and all...
- Cool Sword: She only has a wooden one now, though she is saving up for a better one.
- Empty Shell: She thinks she is, but she's completely forgetting about who is inside of her
- Sinister Scythe: Her OTHER weapon
- Tsundere: Type A, though she's loosing that trait
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Subverted, she hates other people's feet
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Though to be fair, she is a robot
- Zettai Ryouiki: THE FRIGGIN SOCKS!
Nagori Akimoto/Amelia Shiki
One of the Akimoto sisters, Nagori works both as a Medic and a prosecutor for Visionary Requiem.
- Amoral Attorney: Subverted; she usually tries to follow the law, but in a tough situation, she won't hesitate
- Badass Adorable: As a kid
- Cool Big Sis: She IS generally concerned for her sisters
- In-Series Nickname: 'Nao' by Elyse
- Lawful Neutral: Well, she is a prosecutor...
- Mission Control
- Not So Stoic: Played for laughs below
- Only Sane Man: One of the few Akimoto siblings who is not insane in any way
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Elyse's Red
- The Smart Guy
- Troll: THE PROSECUTION ASKS THE DEFENSE: WHY SO SERIOUS?
- What The Hell, Hero?: Delivered as a child to Young!Misaka in this part of Misaka's backstory (warning: clicking the link is a spoiler)
Elyse's Sister and the eldest Sister of the Akimoto family. Her role is currently unknown in Visionary Requiem, but she is part of the Anti-Boryokudan group. She was the one who killed Matthius Akimoto, thinking he was a traitor to the family .
- Badass Biker: The picture says it all
- Berserk Button: Please do not hurt Cerise
- Ceri-Ceri, sweeter than a cherry, she loves everyone~ Misa-Misa, if you harm Ceri, she kills you =3
- Chaotic Good: Will do ANYTHING to protect Cerise
- Cool Big Sis: Towards Cerise
- Dark and Troubled Past: See Elyse's entry above. That older sister that was mentioned? It was Misaka
- Deus Angst Machina: She is still rather troubled by the incident.
- Kick Chick: Implied
- Little Miss Badass: As a kid
- More Dakka: Not as much as, say Alyss, but you get the idea!
- My God, What Have I Done?: Subverted; she doesn't feel sorry after killing Matthius at first...until Nagori What The Hell, Hero?'s her
- The Big Guy
- Tom Boy
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Until the events of Misaka's Sidestory...
Another sibling of the Akimoto family and a member of Visionary Requiem. She is part of the Bomber unit and is thus one of Alyss' subordinates.
- Cute Witch: It works for her case because she actually DOES use magic
- Extra Ore Dinary: Her magic is mostly made up of gears
- Fangirl: Of J-Pop and K-Pop
- Genki Girl
- More Dakka: Even moreso than Alyss! The downside is, she spams so much she forgets what's behind her
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Alyss' Tomboy
- True Neutral: She causes silly troubles accidentally once in a while but helps clean up and pretty much just follows Alyss' lead.
Another one of Alyss's subordinates, Lise is a Poltergeist that -literally- hailed from a well. Actually, no. She was a born German. Her backstory had already been explained in her introduction one-shot, though it has probably been ignored, thus the making of Lise no Marchen. It is implied that she wanted to be a cool sailor like her father when she grew up, thus explaining her attire.
- And I Must Scream: She was not dead to start with, but the well was so deep, no one could hear her screams. So she had to remain there, listening to malicious wishes for who knows how long.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Lise sure loves Anchors
- Gratuitous German: Subverted, she IS a born German. This seems to have rubbed onto Alyss, however
- Magitek: Alyss was somehow able to turn her magical anchors into explosives
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Averted. As a poltergeist, she can either morph into sounds or turn sounds into ANCHORS!
- Pointy Ears: Never explained why.
- Power of Trust: Averted as well. She trust only her fellow comrades and possibly Princess Christine
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Alyss' Red. They even match the colors!
- True Neutral: Most likely to be so.
Gerhild is the manifestation of Alyss' past life as a witch, only she is way weaker now. Via some accidental magic, she became a Planeswalker, and now usually hangs out with the Characters of PMiller1 She betrays the team in part 27 of the Walpurgis Night Planeswalkers Sidestory. Later, Lokia takes control of her emotions and causes her to join the Void.
- Axe Crazy: Implied...for now
- Badass Longcoat: Void
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Laxup denies she did ANYTHING to help in the vs Furfur Witch fight in Walpurgis Night, in which she argues that she did indeed break Paul free from his mind control
- Guess what happens next
- Evil Laugh: KYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Face–Heel Turn
- Faith–Heel Turn: Her main reason for doing so
- Living Memory: Gerhild is the personification of Alyss when she used to be a witch. Alyss, unable to accept this, has Mimi remove it
- She learns that this is not a good idea the hard way
- Genki Girl: Subverted; she tries to be The Stoic, but she can't really help herself...
- Meaningful Name: Her old name (Anpflaumerei) is German for 'flame'
- Meaningful Rename: Well, not so much in the name itself, but rather for the purpose
- Nice Hat
- Oh Crap!: Nicely Done
- Painful Transformation: How she was transformed into a Void Member may be subverted, but here is how it was described when it was first Role-played
Lokia presses her hand on your chest as she kisses you and your body and soul became colder as the second passes, then your body vanishes into the shadow. A second later your body reform stronger than ever before without the pain and suffering in the same kissing position
- Playing with Fire
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Does it very nicely in Part 13 of the Planeswalkers' sidestory
- Sixth Ranger
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: What she eventually became
- Split-Personality Merge: Sort of. After her defeat, Yukillia brings her back to existence and rejoins her with Alyss.
- Start of Darkness: It started in part 27 of WN Planeswalkers, but started to take actual effect in the epilogue extra
- Tears of Joy: Not shown, but heavily implied, when she rejoins with Alyss
- The Heartless: She can be comparable to the Shadows, but she isn't evil...
- Surprise Surprise! As of WN Epilogue Extra part 2, she is part of the void
- The Load: She basically has the same powers as Sore, except that she cannot summon monsters or anything. Laxup goes far as to say she didn't do anything
- This causes her to feel insignificant. It did not end well
- The Woobie: Poor Gerhild, I want to give her a—
- Who's Laughing Now?: OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Lord Dearche/Christine Fredericka von Wettin
Lord Dearche is a Magical Girl who first appeared in Human of the Divine Remix to stop the incident due to her annoyance. She runs into Seth and Rumia during the events of the story and beats the crap out of them twice due to their mere disrespect towards her. Then came along Ido no Märchen, her backstory, which explained and revealed many secrets of hers...
- Badass: Of course
- Casting a Shadow: Makes sense, considering who gave her those powers...
- Dark Is Evil: More of 'Dark is Jerkass', but yeah
- Dark Is Not Evil: What she truly is
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Post Ido no Märchen
- Expy: No, she CERTAINLY isn't based off a Black-and-Purple Magical Loli who uses Dark Magic, is insane and haughty and wants everyone to address her as royalty. I have NO idea what you're talking about...
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Historical-Domain Character: She's Christine Fredericka, the 9th child of Anton Ulrich
- Jerkass: Boy Howdy
- Painful Transformation: As always
- Rebellious Princess: She no longer likes royalty
- Spam Attack: Excalibur and Juggernaut
- Tsundere: Type A. And how!
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Until...
- Your Soul Is Mine: Type Two. And you know what? She does not enjoy it one bit! Even if she has to!
Villains (Contains Major Spoilers)
Chika "Zainan" Yurushi
The villain of Asylum of Souls, Zainan was mostly obscured for a long time and was only revealed when everyone found the tracking device she implanted into Meimu/Meira. She casts the 'Reality Marble' spell, which encases everyone in a large magical barrier, that somehow flashes her past before the heroes. What comes after....
- Axe Crazy: 2nd form.
- Beam Spam: OH WHAT THE--
- Big Bad
- Cry for the Devil
- Dark and Troubled Past: JESUS CHRIST! Where do we begin? And end?
- Despair Event Horizon: When her only three friends died. It is hinted she thought her parents perished as well.
- Fusion Dance: With the Tome of the Noteworthy Sky.
- Heel–Face Turn: Because this is freaking Gensokyo. See above 'Chika Yurushi' for her post Heel Face Turn self.
- Heel Realization: Realized this...too well.
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Let's not get to the disturbing Pixiv images used in her 2nd form battle. But arguably, what's so frightening about her is her complete state of emptiness. Because of knowledge of prior imminent destruction to which she thought there was no escape, she completely gives up living her life.
- Immortality Seeker: Her entire motive.
- Meaningful Rename: What, you thought 'sinner' was her real name? No, it was just the cultists being complete assholes to her, not giving her a chance to voice her doubts.
- Omnicidal Maniac: 2nd form.
- Power Dyes Your Hair
- Power Gives You Wings
- Religion of Evil: The Aiun-Ken temple, place of worship to a cult that disguised itself as another Buddhist Temple. Poor Zainan had gone through so much degrading, and her parents couldn't help the situation.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wants to make EVERYONE, dead or alive, immortal, so as to escape their punishment in hell.
Go nuts! Say hi, or write whatever, or comment on the tropes I have listed! Just remember to sign your name
- Hiya, Swerve here! Well met, Bombergirl! - SwerveStar
- There, I've changed the link :P -This page's owner
- Well, Hello, There. Paul Miller
- You Know, You should add the Old Walfas Art too, So some of fan (and Me) would know who from the Old Comic - Paul Miller
- GOT HERE FROM DEVIANTART! WOO YEAH! CAKE! COMMUNITY! DURARARA!! SCORPION BUTTER! HAI! ~~ FoxxPark
- DON'T FORGET INSANITY! -Alyss
- Nice art on your Deviantart page! ~Harpsichord
- Thank you, Thank you! -Alyss
- Hey Alyss, Why not make a Characters Page for You Original Character? — P Miller 1
- Nah. Don't feel like it -Alyss
- So why is Miki Bandy, Alyss's Arch-Enemy? — P Miller 1
- You've forgot to put Rosamund. — P Miller 1
- HAI, DEBBINS! (hug) - Watcher CCG