Tropers / Alarielle
, a.k.a. Talys Alankil, is a male Troper (despite the nickname
), video game geek, specialized in RPG (and sucking pretty much everywhere
) as well as a fantasy book nerd who unfortunately doesn't know that many fantasy series. Has slash goggles on a good part of the time, and sees innuendo pretty much everywhere else.
As you could tell if you went to the contribution page, he works on the Brewdening Love Expanded Universe
— the TV Tropes page, and some of the fics that make up the universe, the most important of which is Brooding Lust.
Has a DeviantArt account
and a Youtube channel
. There's also a Facebook page under the name of Talys Alankil, but it's for the closest of his friends.
Tropes that apply to Alarielle include:
- Berserk Button : Many — he's quite short-tempered but quick to forgive. Currently, the main Berserk Button is people claiming any new feature they don't like in a game (most of the time, Guild Wars 2) "immersion-breaking". "Hey, as a Charr character I can claim rewards from my achievement as a Human in Guild Wars ! This is immersion-breaking !" — yeah, because there isn't at all any canon Charr character who has a Human treasure. Nope, none at all.
- Bi the Way
- Canis Latinicus : Tends to be one of his (many) Berserk Buttons. If you want to use Latin, try to at least learn the basic grammar and have actual vocabulary. It doesn't take that long.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander : Not completely insane, but loves to pretend he is and see people's reactions.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Ditzy Genius : Well, according to IQ tests and all that stuff for the Genius part. For the Ditzy part, most definitely.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French : Completely disagrees with the trope, but that may be because French is his mother tongue. Funnily enough, many people he knows (IRL, duh) actually think the same thing… about English.
- Gay Bravado : Helped a friend do that once (as in, passed as the Uke in the relationship). Here's an advice : it's a very bad idea if you happen to be in love with the guy.
- Grammar Nazi : At least in French.
- Ho Yay : Loves to slash anything that comes in sight… as long as it could make sense (looking at you, Cloud x Sephiroth shippers).
- Shrinking Violet : IRL, that is. So… Rare Male Example, then ?
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders ? Or Wasps ?