Tropers / Agent Alpha
Agent Alpha is a 20-something English major (as in a college graduate, and not as in a Major in the British Army). He's been a voracious reader all his life and a persistent writer since high school, with something like a novel or two in progress (one in the Action-Adventure
genre, the other a High Fantasy
Naturally, as soon as he heard about this site, he was in love—at last, to find men and women after his own heart! Things got so bad that he actually had to spend a whole week off of TV Tropes, as he was losing whole hours of the day
just reading page after page after page. Yet he's finally buckled down and hopes to be a respectable Contributor/Editor on the site.
Agent Alpha considers the Batman
and Star Wars
sagas to his personal mythology, informing much of his philosophy and moral code in addition to his Roman Catholic and Buddhist ways. He also is religious about cross-referencing everything he writes on the Internet, so if he uses an allusion, you can almost guarantee that there will be a link to said allusion in the text.
Associated With Such Tropes As:
What TV Tropes Has Led Me To:
- Beware the Nice Ones: Beneath the humble and easygoing exterior lies a pitiless man who will beat down anything or anyone that dares threaten his family and friends.
- On a less drastic note, I often appear to be quite polite and optimistic, but once you really get to know me, you'll see just how cynical and fiercely sarcastic I can be.
- Badass Bookworm: Got the "bookworm" side down. The "badass" part is still a work in progress.
- Badass Longcoat: In the form of a kick-ass pea coat.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: Slightly subverted in that I don't have a mask. Instead, I wear my pea coat with a fedora I bought in Ireland and a pair of leather gloves.
- Deadpan Snarker: Trust me, it runs in my family. Exchanging snark is our pastime.
- Lawful Good: My general alignment—at my best as The Fettered or at my worse as a Knight in Sour Armor.
- Neutral Good: What I would like to see my alignment as, and what many of my heroic characters tend to be.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: What I look for in romance.
- Brainy Brunette: What I'm attracted to in women. See also Action Girlfriend, for as Spike Spiegel once said, "I love a woman who can kick my ass."
- Stealth Hi/Bye
- Not a Morning Person