Sorry bout that
, couldn't help myself.
This Troper is in the Air Force, working in a clerical capacity. He's an Eagle Scout, a photographer, and something of a nerd
. He is from Texas
Tropes related to this Troper include:
- And a Diet Coke: This Troper's favorite beverage, aside from coffee.
- Beleaguered Bureaucrat: Works in a paperwork-heavy job. Sometimes the paperwork gets very heavy.
- Challenge Coin: Being in the Air Force, has a small collection of these, and always has one on hand in the event of a Coin Challenge. Also considers his Swiss Army Knife to be one, as he makes a point to always carry one ever since he was in the Boy Scouts.
- Communications Officer: Another part of the job.
- Cunning Linguist: Subverted: Can speak three languages, two of them poorly. Habitually swears in Mandarin Chinese. Currently studying Korean.
- Drink Order: Recently learned that he is known in his squadron for drinking black coffee, though he actually adds sweetener to it. When out in the town, prefers Shiner Bock or a Gin And Tonic. Otherwise a Cuba Libre is always acceptable.
- Promoted Fanboy: Has wanted to join the Air Force since he was four. Eventually enlisted at the age of 22.
- The Engineer
- Geeky Turn-On
- Mission Control: The general basis of his job.
- Nerds Are Sexy
- Raised Catholic: Catholic mother, Jewish father. Some would say that makes him Jew-ish.
- Rapid-Fire Typing: Types in the neighborhood of 100 words per minute, knows the shortcut keystrokes for many of the programs he works with, and in the case of one program, knows that he can make inputs before the next screen loads, allowing him to do particularly repetitive portions of his work faster than the computer program can display the input.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Will explain later.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Had to give up reading TV Tropes from work because it was actually interfering with his job. Pretty much omitted it entirely from his workday routine after getting a What The Hell Wingman from a co-worker.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Though his wife disagrees on the ugly guy part.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: When he and his fiancée realized that he had never actually proposed to her, he proposed with a box of pizza. She Dope Slaped him after taking a slice.
- Yanks with Tanks: Serving in the United States Air Force
AFP has launched the following tropes: