- Creator Backlash: One person involved in development of game do not care much for it.
Tatsuya Uemura: Zero Wing was based on the Hellfire engine and was made by new recruits as part of their training, but we stopped doing horis after that. I think we realized we just didn't know how to make a horizontal shooter interesting. Later we were told by many users that they really liked Zero Wing, but to be honest, I don't know what they liked about it.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Like with Toaplan's titles, the rights to Zero Wing have largely been a mystery ever since Toaplan closed its doors. This is a large factor into why it and its port haven't had an official rerelease yet despite the notorious "All Your Base" meme.
- No Export for You:
- Only the arcade version was released in America, and there are no plans to remake or re-release it.
- The 1991 version on the Genesis or Mega Drive was re-released in Europe. The infamous introduction is in this version.
- Referenced by...: Now has its own page.
- Trope Namer: Thanks to the bad translation, this game inspired the name of five tropes.