Trivia: Yoshi's Island
- Recycled Set: The Advance version recycles sounds originally used in Yoshis Story.
- Trope Namer: For Ground Pound.
- What Could Have Been: There may have been points in the game where you control Baby Mario himself without the star, as there are Dummied Out sprites featuring him crawling and even a Yoshi-less victory pose.
- There are also unused transformations for Yoshi in the game, including a mushroom, a plane, and a walking tree.
- There's an oft-told story that Shigeru Miyamoto's bosses at Nintendo were so impressed with the original Donkey Kong Countrynote that they wanted this game to go in a similar direction, which Shigeru Miyamoto disagreed with, creating the well received crayon-style graphics as an act of rebellion.