- Hey, It's That Guy's Voice!: Keeping Up Appearances's Geoffrey Hughes as Paul.
- Money, Dear Boy: This movie was made solely because the Beatles were contractually obligated to make a third movie. They learned belatedly that, since this was an animated movie that did not quite star them, it didn't count. They did like it enough to make a short cameo appearance, though.
- Reality Subtext: When the sub's motor breaks down, George comments that he "knows something about motors." He would, as George Harrison's brother was a mechanic.
Lord Mayor: Your faces...
- The aforementioned Contrived Coincidence.
- Aged-down Ringo crying "I want me mum!" Ringo was actually very close with his mother.
- The Other Darrin: Peter Batten, the one-time actor who voiced George, was in reality a deserter from the British Army, unbeknownst to the staff of the movie. When he was arrested for deserting, Paul Angelis, the voice of Ringo and the Chief Blue Meanie, stepped in to finish the rest of George's lines.
- What Could Have Been: The remake by Robert Zemeckis, due to his previous film's poor performance.