- Hey It's That Girl: Who knew Kaylee could be such a bitch? Also, when did Kitty Farmer become nice? And Blanche Devereaux decided to show up and was super-mean to Nurse Ratchet?
- What Could Have Been: Apparently the creators had made plans not only for season 2, but also for some stuff in season 3. Including being sent to an asylum after Dr. Ron publishes a book about her, and finding out that the little boy with a crush on her in one episode later would become a pyromaniac and is in the same institution as her.
- Darren Tyler was intended to be shown performing his favorite hobby: Writing and singing incredibly right wing folk songs such as "That's why the lawyers are so rich". Sharon would have sung along with him. The cast had a lot of fun writing up the songs but could never manage to put them into any episodes. They also wanted to explore the fact that Karen Tyler is a closeted liberal married to a very republican business man, but didn't have time to give her character more attention.
- Word of God: In the commentary, when asked just where Yvette went after disappearing in Crime Dog, the creators and actors came to the conclusion that Yvette is actually in every scene afterwards in the Tyler home, it's just that she's out of the camera shot because she's on her knees cleaning the floor, and later on in the season Karen Tyler murders her and hides her body in the garden.
- Screwed by the Network: And how. With only four episodes aired out of thirteen, it actually got shafted faster than Firefly. Then again, considering that both Bryan Fuller and Tim Minear were involved, maybe it was lucky to have gotten four episodes aired.
- One of the shot transitions uses the sound effect from the end of the Veronica Mars theme song. The same song also plays in the background at the reunion later in the episode.
- Québécois viewers tend to get Canadian-French dubs of American series, and this one was no different. Lo and behold, guess who did the dub for Jaye? Dhavernas herself.