Trivia: Willie Nelson
- Breakthrough Hit: "Family Bible" as a songwriter (a top 10 hit for Claude Gray in 1960); "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" as a singer.
- Fan Nickname: The Red-Headed Stranger
- Money, Dear Boy: Thanks to a combination of his accountants from Price Waterhouse not paying his taxes for years and some bad investments in The '80s, the IRS seized most of Nelson's assets in 1990, claiming he owed them $32 million. His attorney managed to negotiate a settlement down to $6 million, leading him to record The IRS Tapes: Who'll Buy My Memories? in 1992, a highly acclaimed double album performed by him alone on vocals and guitar, to pay off the debt.
- The Shelf Of Album Languishment: His gospel album The Troublemaker was recorded in 1973, rejected by his label, then released 3 years later by his new label.
- Trope Namer: Ten with a Two