- The Cameo: Aisha Tyler appears several times in the game as herself. As does Phil Brooks
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: When several reviewers examined the motive for Aiden's Roaring Rampage of Revenge (namely, his niece Lena being killed by the villains), a few made jokes that the villains had a major What an Idiot moment by killing Lena (who had nothing to do with their crimes) instead of killing Aiden. This would be a fair criticism, if not for the fact that the villains WERE trying to kill Aiden, and Lena was unintentionally killed in the hit attempt. This is reinforced by the Hitman with a Heart being constantly wracked with guilt over killing an innocent girl when trying to kill Aiden ( and at the end, begs for Aiden to kill him out of this guilt.), and how the Big Bad didn't even know the hit meant for Aiden had killed Lena instead.
- Fan Nickname: Not Deadmau5 for Default.
- What Could Have Been:
- Early gameplay demos showed that the ctOS mobile app could be used in the main game to assist players with missions. This feature didn't make it to the final release; instead, the app was retooled into a competitive multiplayer mode where the console player races through a series of checkpoints under a time limit while the mobile player uses the app to activate hacks and deploy police in an effort to stop them.
- The E3 2012 demo has several graphical options that were locked deep in the PC version of the game, which was unlocked by a modder. While they do make the game look better, some people who have activated them have noticed the gameplay slows down a little.
- The Wiki Rule: Here.
- Word of God: David Theriault has indicated the Alternate Character Interpretation of Aiden as a subversion of the typical gamer power fantasy is accurate.