- Bags of Letters: Robert Englund got so much fanmail when he played Willy on the show that they eventually started to use unopened fan letters as props in other programs. In his biography, he mentions seeing a studio tour where the guide pointed to a stuffed letterbox and said, "All of those are letters to Willy."
- Executive Meddling: The original miniseries was to be a story about a fictional American-fascist regime before it was Re Tooled to science fiction. Later, during production of the second miniseries, writer/producer/director Kenneth Johnson left the project when the focus was shifted from character development and symbolism to straight-up action.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Hey, it's Freddy Krueger as an alien! And a nice one too!
- And Beastmaster as the reporter!
- And the inimitable Michael Ironside as a guy named Ham— how appropriate. This is just the first time he saved the Earth from aliens...
- Pamela is a Tok'ra!
- Judge Stevens is fighting aliens with his son!
- Martin did a stint as a flight engineer... there was that time when everyone got sick...
- Dan Pascal, the pass counterfeiter, used to run a gun shop until that one guy who really knew his weapons came in.
- Professor Richard Knight is a colleague of Julie Parrish and one of the first to fall to the Visitors' "Conspiracy of Scientists."
- The Other Marty: Dominique Dunne as Robin Maxwell, due to Actor Existence Failure.