- Creator Killer: The Movie killed Kurt Wimmers directing career. He has since then gone back to writing and writing only.
- Executive Meddling: The original cut of this film clocked in at about 120 minutes. The version shown in theaters? 88. And apparently, both Milla and Kurt were locked out of the editing process. The extended cut on home video clocks in at 97 or so minutes and is better, but unavailable on Blu-Ray because Sony refused at the time to allow unrated or NC-17 content on the format. Double whammy. The Novelization, however, uses the unedited story.
- Old Shame: Although she did the DVD Commentary (one of The Onion's "Commentary Tracks Of The Damned"), Milla Jovovich dislikes this film. Can you blame her?
- Hey, It's That Guy!/Retroactive Recognition: Javert, Norrington, Jane Bennett and Stringer Bell kill vampires! One of whom is Bill Compton!
- Technology Marches On:
- In vitro fertilization is considered cutting edge.
- Everybody carries around small video cameras to identify the vampires, which would have been superfluous in the age of the camera phone.