- Adored by the Network: Due to being very cheap to produce and attracting decent viewership.
- Dueling Shows: With G4's Web Soup.
- As well as MTV's Ridiculousness.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: After a bit of speculation among fans, they finally revealed that the voice that does the opening Do Not Try This at Home disclaimer is, in fact, Lindsay Lohan.
- Life Imitates Art: In episode 10, after that episode's web redemption, Daniel did a montage of clips of people he would like to have come on the show for a web redemption (under the assumption that none of them would), including the reporter from Boom Goes The Dynamite, A news reporter who swallowed a bug, and David of David After Dentist fame. David came on for a web redemption in the season 2 opener, while the reporters came on in Season 3.
- Money, Dear Boy: Part of the reason Comedy Central kept the show going longer than it expected to was that it became very popular with males ages 18-34, a high sought-after advertising demographic.
- One of Us: Daniel frequently makes references to Pro Wrestling, video games, movies, and music from the 80's and 90's.
- Too Soon: Lampshaded during a video breakdown.
Does he let himself down slowly? Nope, flails around like Saddam at the end of a noose.
Is it too soon for Saddam jokes? ... Do you guys miss Saddam?
We miss you Macho Man.
- After seeing a guy get run over by a car:
Everyone from Jackass is dying!
- When yet another kid nearly kills himself on a skateboard: