- Actor Allusion:
Iron Man to War Machine: Stop talking like you're on Reading Rainbow!
- Casting Gag: Adam West as the Batman expy Nighthawk, Susan Eisenberg as the Wonder Woman expy Power Princess, and Nina Dobrev as Werewolf by Night's girlfriend, who gets turned into a vampire.
- Kevin Sorbo as Ka-Zar.
- Channel Hop: Reruns went from Cartoon Network to The Hub due to Hasbro's involvement with the Super Hero Squad toyline (though Cartoon Network was also getting rid of Marvel-related content anyway, for obvious reasons).
- Screwed by the Network: When Season 2 started on Cartoon Network, it only aired on Saturday mornings at 6:30 AM. Disney's purchase of Marvel was likely a factor in this.
- Talking to Himself: Lampshaded.
M.O.D.O.K: [referring to Iron Man] I tried to tell him, but it's like I'm talking to myself.
- What Could Have Been: Spider-Man was slated to appear in the series during conception, possibly in Falcon's spot, but Sony refused due to their ownership of the TV rights to the character at the time. Even after Sony returned the TV rights to Marvel following Disney's acquisition of said company, he still wasn't able to appear at all in the series. The closest we got was in the Ultimate Spider-Man episode "Flight of the Iron Spider", which shows a SHS-Spidey in one of Spidey's own Imagine Spots as Tony Stark is talking about an invention that can send people into different dimensions which also serves as a Chekhov's Gun as that's how he gets rid of the Living Laser - sending him exactly into SHSS to be beaten up by Thor.
- This is somewhat rectified by him (and some other Spider-Heroes) appearing in the online game, which for all intents and purposes is the same universe as the cartoon.
- Written by Cast Member: Tom Kenny co-wrote "Missing: Impossible!"