Trivia: The Rutles
- Approval of God: None of The Beatles objected, and George Harrison liked it enough to produce and appear in the mockumentary All You Need Is Cash.
- According to Eric Idle's liner notes, featured on Rhino's DVD release, Paul McCartney had some reservations, but his wife Linda convinced him.
- Author Existence Failure: The reason there are so few songs sung by Dirk McQuickly on Archaeology: as mentioned above, Ollie Halsall died in 1992. (It's a bit jarring to hear a "Hey Jude" parody sung by a John Lennon soundalike, but it's a great album regardless).
- Defictionalization: In the early 80s, "Cheese And Onions" actually turned up on a bootleg album of John Lennon songs.
- Non-Singing Voice: Dirk McQuickly's singing voice was provided by Ollie Halsall, who briefly appeared as Leppo.