Trivia: The Ripping Friends
- Creator Backlash: John does not like talking about this show, as it turned out far, far below his standards, and deviated too much from the goal of Spumco (i.e. everything was on-model, no custom poses or even the original pencil drawings were used) to the point where it felt like someone else's cartoon altogether.
- Executive Meddling and Old Shame: John K claims the show was so watered down and far removed from what he originally planned it to be that he can hardly watch it. We can thank Canadian on-model standards for this.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Crag is either Sam, or a Toronto news reader.
- Missing Episode: The episodes "The Infernal Wedding" and "Jimmy Gets Kidnapped" were left out of the Fox Kids broadcast of the series because it was just after 9/11 and the depiction of Citrocet as an evil foreign dictator who liked to blow up buildings was considered too controversial. (Oddly, they left in "Stinky Butt," which begins with Citrocet having already blown the Earth into multiple floating space chunks.) The episodes were added again during the Adult Swim airing.
- The Other Darrin: Crag was originally voiced by Harvey Atkin, who voiced Sam in Sam & Max: Freelance Police, but was replaced by newscaster Mark Dailey.