Trivia: The Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain
- Creator Breakdown: The final installment of the series had a break in the middle, with the story stagnating for the better part of two years. It was eventually revealed that the author had lost both of her maternal grandparents within six months of one another; as she was extremely close to her grandparents, the result was this.
- Fan-Art: Several pieces exist for the series (including the page image).
- Fan Verse: In addition to its own length, TPDoEQ takes place in the same continuity as the author's unreleased Sherlock Holmes fanfic, with the characters meeting in the final volume.
- I Just Write the Thing: The author claims this more than once in author's notes and FAQ chapters; in particular, she admits that certain plot elements (such as Mina's lab explosion in the first volume) didn't make a lick of sense to her until she reached the part where the logic behind them was explained to the characters. Essentially, and in her own words, she never knew very much more than Elizabeth at any given point.
- Recursive Fanfiction: It's out there, or at least was in the past.
- Write Who You Know: Alexandra is based on one of the author's closest friends.