Trivia: The Midnight Meat Train
- Fake American: Tony Curran, a Scotsman, does a pretty good American accent as the train conductor.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Bradley Cooper from Alias, Wedding Crashers, The Hangover, and The A-Team; Leslie Bibb from Popular, Trick 'r Treat, and Iron Man, Vinnie Jones, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson, and Peter Jacobson, better known to House viewers as Dr. Chris Taub. Also Joxer.
- Invisible Advertising: See Screwed by the Network.
- Promoted Fanboy: Kitamura is a huge horror nerd, and was reading Barker's work — translated into Japanese — when he was a teenager.
- Screwed by the Network: The movie was utterly fucked over after Lion's Gate came under new management, and the new CEO deliberately killed off all the projects his predecessor was championing. After repeated attempts to make the movie "appeal to a broader audience" were fiercely rebuffed by Barker and Kitamura, they decided to technically honor their contract and release the movie in 150 bargain theaters in the American Southwest. There was a campaign by Bloody-Disgusting and a few other horror sites to buy as many tickets as possible to make a point, but it was too little, too late.