* DevelopmentGag: You can visit Richard from ''VideoGame/ForTheFrogTheBellTolls''. Fitting, as both games run on the same engine.
* FanNickname / GoodBadTranslation: As it turns out, the final boss's last form, [=DethI=], is actually a BlindIdiotTranslation of Death Eye. Because the uppercase "I" and lowercase "l" look similar in many fonts, a lot of [[AllThereInTheManual supplementary material]] and fan sites reported it as "[=DethI=]" (with an uppercase "I"), which made people think it was "Dethl" (with an "l").
* FlipFlopOfGod: Creator/ShigeruMiyamoto once said this game could be the sequel to any Legend of Zelda game where Ganon is defeated. Many people saw it as the sequel to ''Link to the Past'', which was the Zelda game released before this one. This was half-right, as the ''Hyrule Historia'' later placed it after the ''Oracle'' games, which were sequels to [=ALttP=].[[note]]Sequels in Zelda meaning any game that stars a [[LegacyCharacter Link]] that appeared in a prior title.[[/note]] This has since flipped ''again'', with the ''Oracle'' games being moved to ''after'' ''Link's Awakening''.
* QuoteSource: ShopliftAndDie
* ThrowItIn: One of the developers stated that all the Nintendo cameos were merely put in as jokes.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: ''Hyrule Historia'' includes some storyboards that show a few unused elements from the planning stages. For instance, originally at the Southern Face Shrine, the player would have to ram into a pillar with the Pegasus Boots to get the key -- the pillar would break to reveal the relief that the player must read. Also, apparently there were plans for a two-player mode, including a boss that one player would have to throw the other onto to defeat. It looks like they were having trouble with what to do to beat the boss with only one player, so the boss was scrapped along with the two-player mode. (The boss itself appears in the Color Dungeon of the DX version (albeit reworked entirely to become merely a reskinned Hinox), while the latter concept eventually became a core mechanic in ''VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaTriForceHeroes''.)