Trivia: The Last Temptation of Christ
- Banned in Mexico: The film didn't premiere in Mexico until 2005 because the government perceived it as a direct attack against the Catholic Church, who, in the 1980s, had a strong moral authority almost on par with the federal government's.
- The film is still banned in Chile, Philippines and Singapore.
- Playing Against Type: Willem Dafoe as Jesus.
- Throw It In: The trippy light show immediately after Jesus' death was a result of the camera breaking and the light ruining the rest of the film, a genuine mistake.
- What Could Have Been: When this movie was originally being developed in the 1970s, Christopher Walken was going to play Jesus. Unfortunately, the studios pulled the plug on the movie and it was sent into Development Hell for a decade. Sting was originally supposed to be Pontius Pilate.