The Killing TV series:
- Actor Allusion: A character that interacts with Holder in season 3 looks conspicuously like Lizbeth Salander. Joel Kinnaman (Holder) had a silent cameo in the American adaptation of the first book.
- Jewel Staite's first line is commenting on Holder's "Serenity" tattoo. "Sounds like a stripper's name."
- Channel Hop: From AMC to Netflix.
- Star-Making Role: For Mirielle Enos, whose best known role at the time was in Big Love.
- Actor Allusion: This isn't the first time Sterling Hayden's been in a heist that went wrong.
- Breakthrough Hit: For Stanley Kubrick.
- Doing It for the Art: Stanley Kubrick took no fee for directing the film.
- Executive Meddling: The narration was added at the studio's insistence. Stanley Kubrick hated the idea and thus makes much of the information that the narrator provides false or mistaken.
- Screwed By The Studio: The film was effectively dumped by United Artists, premiering as the second half of a double feature; Richard Fleischer's Bandido was the main film.
- What Could Have Been: Frank Sinatra expressed interest in this project, but production rights were granted to Stanley Kubrick first.
- Working Title: Clean Break and Bed of Fear.