Trivia: The Kentucky Fried Movie
- There is a scene in the A Fistful of Yen segment where a character taps out to a jujigatamae, also known in professional wrestling as a crucifix armbar or a cross-armbreaker. Tapping out to signal a submission would not be seen by American audiences until the rise in 1993 of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and was later brought into pro wrestling by Taz.note
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Several veterans of Landis's debut feature, "Schlock".
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Famed announcer, program director of LA's KROQ-FM (at the time), and voice-over artist Shadoe Stevens does most of the voice-overs in the film.
- Life Imitates Art: Using oil from fast food restaurants to fuel cars!? Ha ha! ha... wait, what? They do that now?
- Name's the Same:
- No Budget: So much so that many of the sets had to be built outdoors because the filmmakers could't afford lighting! The credits also wrongfully claim that the performers are listed in order of appearance because they didn't have enough money to change them after making some last-minute edits.
- Throw It In: The gong beater breaking in a take, sending the head off to the camera, swearing when a flag is broken.
- Bong Soo Han muttering "shit" under his breath while in stage combat with Evan Kim.