Trivia: The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
- Box Office Bomb: About $30 million to produce, but only made $1.5 million in profits. Parental protests over the film's Refuge in Vulgarity after it received a PG rating led to it being pulled from theaters within weeks of its release.
- Creator Killer: Director Rod Amateau never took helm of another major project after this film.
- Dawson Casting: Subverted with Tangerine. She appears to be in her twenties, but the actress was only sixteen at the time (a year older than Dodger's actor). It makes their flirting far less squicky.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Anthony Newley, who played Captain Manzini, also helped write the songs for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jim Cummings.
- Old Shame: According to this article, it was this even when it was released.
- Jim Cummings has described the film as this when asked about it at Comic Cons.
- Star-Derailing Role: Anthony Newley's cinematic career went down the drain with this film. He never appeared in another major film for the rest of his life.
- What Could Have Been: John Carl Buechler was considered to direct the film, and his version of the story was going to be a straight up horror film, in which the Garbage Pail Kids would have spawned from radioactive sludge that had found its way to a garbage can filled with broken dolls, turning them into serial killers.