Trivia: The Ed Sullivan Show
- Colbert Bump: The Beatles and Elvis both caused mutual Colbert Bumps, with the show and the musicians both becoming more popular after their appearance.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: A 16-year old Davy Jones appeared in the play Oliver the same night The Beatles made their American debut. He would later be known three years later as one of The Monkees.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Topo Gigio is an Italian mouse puppet who made regular appearances on the show, but became a superstar in Latin America thanks to his long running variety show which had various incarnations beginning in the 1960s up to at least the 1980s.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Bob Dylan was slated to make his first nationwide television appearance on the show in 1963, but walked out when the show's producers told him he couldn't sing his intended song, "Talkin' John Birch Paranoia Blues", due to its then-controversial references to communism.
- Writer Revolt: When The Doors performed "Light My Fire", they were told to change the line "Girl, we couldn't get much higher" due to its alleged drug reference. The band eventually relented, and performed it accordingly in rehearsal, only for Jim Morrison to sing the original line on the airnote