Trivia: The Colbert Report
- Actor Allusion: When showing a collection of clips of Mitt Romney's laughter (which Colbert says is his sign for others to stop talking), the last clip is of Phil Seben's laughter.
- Which he then uses to shamelessly (and hilariously) advertise the DVD.
- Dyeing for Your Art: See Important Haircut
- Fake Nationality
- Occasional guest star Esteban Colberto, host of the (fake) Mexican sister show Colberto Reporto Gigante, also played by Colbert.
- French-Canadian affiliate Stephane Colbert.
- No Export for You: Several (but not all) countries outside the US can't watch the videos on the site. Many fans aren't happy.
- One of Us: Even before his and Jon's Star Trek trivia war at the Reality to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, Jon played a clip of Stephen reciting Aragorn's entire geneaology.
- Asked James Franco, in a Tolkien fan Nerd-Off, why Galadriel came to Middle-Earth. And Colbert corrected Franco with stats straight out of The Silmarillion. Badass in the annals of nerddom.
- He also plays both Assassin's Creed and Dark Souls, along with other games (besides Dungeons & Dragons, obviously).
- Real-Life Relative: Stephen's children occasionally show up, such as in the Christmas Special. One of Stephen's brothers, a lawyer, has appeared at least twice, the last time at the start of the Vancouver Olympics series to tell him he can't legally use the word "Olympics". Or "Vancouver".
- Screwed by the Network: The UK airing. On the FX channel. Meaning the network in question was FOX.
This show has named the following tropes:
This show provides the page image for:
- Black Best Friend
- Captain Space, Defender of Earth!
- Flame War
- Germanic Depressives
- I Knew It
- I Need a Freaking Drink
- Patriotic Fervor