Trivia: The Colbert Report
- Actor Allusion: When showing a collection of clips of Mitt Romney's laughter (which Colbert says is his sign for others to stop talking), the last clip is of Phil Seben's laughter.
- Which he then uses to shamelessly (and hilariously) advertise the DVD.
- Dyeing for Your Art: See Important Haircut
- Fake Nationality
- Occasional guest star Esteban Colberto, host of the (fake) Mexican sister show Colberto Reporto Gigante, also played by Colbert.
- French-Canadian affiliate Stephane Colbert.
- No Export for You: Several (but not all) countries outside the US can't watch the videos on the site. Many fans aren't happy.
- One of Us: Even before his and Jon's Star Trek trivia war at the Reality to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, Jon played a clip of Stephen reciting Aragorn's entire geneaology.
- Asked James Franco, in a Tolkien fan Nerd-Off, why Galadriel came to Middle-Earth. And Colbert corrected Franco with stats straight out of The Silmarillion. Badass in the annals of nerddom.
- He also plays both Assassin's Creed and Dark Souls, along with other games (besides Dungeons & Dragons, obviously).
- Real-Life Relative: Stephen's children occasionally show up, such as in the Christmas Special. One of Stephen's brothers, a lawyer, has appeared at least twice, the last time at the start of the Vancouver Olympics series to tell him he can't legally use the word "Olympics". Or "Vancouver".
- Screwed by the Network: The UK airing. On the FX channel. Meaning the network in question was FOX.
- Throw It In: When Stephen starts Corpsing, he'll usually manage to stop laughing long enough to wave his hand and call some variation of "No, keep going! Keep rolling!" to the production crew.
This show has named the following tropes:
This show provides the page image for:
- Black Best Friend
- Captain Space, Defender of Earth!
- Flame War
- Germanic Depressives
- I Knew It
- I Need a Freaking Drink
- Patriotic Fervor