- Actor Allusion: One question was about Bradley's stint as host of the British version of Wheel of Fortune.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: All five Chasers would have been familiar to UK quiz show enthusiasts when they joined the series.
- Mark Labbett had previously been on Mastermind, Fifteen To One, University Challenge, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (twice), Brain of Britain, and Only Connect (as a member of the Series 2 champions, the Rugby Boys). He also competed in Series 1 of Are You an Egghead?, losing to Jenny Ryan in the first round.
- Shaun Wallace had previously been on Mastermind (winning the 2004 series) and Fifteen To One. He was also the runner-up in Series 1 of Are You an Egghead?
- Anne Hegerty was a veteran of Mastermind (twice), Fifteen To One, and Brain of Britain. She also reached the semi-finals of Series 2 of Are You an Egghead?
- Paul Sinha's standup comedy career has led to appearances on The News Quiz, Just a Minute, and Fighting Talk; as for game shows, he had appeared on Mastermind, University Challenge, Brain of Britain, and The Weakest Link when he became a Chaser. He competed in Series 2 of Are You an Egghead? but was defeated in the first round.
- Jenny Ryan had already appeared on Mastermind, Fifteen To One, University Challenge, The Weakest Link, and Only Connect (as a member of the Series 3 champions, the Gamblers). She competed in both series of Are You an Egghead?, reaching the second round both times (in Series 2, she was defeated by Anne Hegerty).
- One of Us: Anne.
- Dueling Movies: This was released the same year as Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers, although the two releases were more than five months apart (The Chase came first). Both films have as their protagonists a fugitive from the law and the "good girl" he romances, and both look very askance at the American news media (although, of course, Natural Born Killers is much, much darker).
- Hey, It's That Guy!: