Trivia: The Amityville Horror
- Actor Allusion: In Amityville II, a poster for Rocky can be seen hanged on a wall. Burt Young, who plays Sonny's father, was a costar in the Rocky movies.
- Executive Meddling: The decision to make Jodie a Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl instead of a demonic pig, in the wake of The Ring's success.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The house is haunting Lois Lane in the first movie.
- Playing Against Type: Oscar nominee Burt Young, who's known in his career to play working class characters who are rough-edged, but laid-back and easy-going following his acclaimed recognition as Pauly in Rocky, plays a darker character as a Jerkass Abusive Dad who's anything but those traits who ends up an Asshole Victim in the second film.
- The house that the film's plot supposedly occurred in still stands in Amityville, Long Island. While it remains a popular walk-by spot, especially on Halloween, the iconic wedge windows have been replaced and the paint is different, to make it look less like the popular image of the house.
- The house used for the first three movies in Toms River, New Jersey was extensively remodeled for filming (the wedge windows and the gambrel roof were part of a facade), and looks nothing like the iconic image of it in real life. Even so, the house has been repositioned on the property as to not make it visible from the street.
- Christine Belford, who played Regina Cunningham in the film adaptation of Christine, lived in the house at 112 Ocean Avenue from 1960-1965. Her parents sold the home to the DeFeos.