* ActorAllusion: One of the lines from Ford Fairlane's narration says "I could have been a rock star, if only I wasn't banned from MTV."
* BoxOfficeBomb: Budget, $40 million. Box office, $21.4 million.
* CreatorKiller "Cradle of Love", the Music/BillyIdol song whose music video was a VideoFullOfFilmClips from this film, was also Billy Idol's ''last'' hit single. Granted, Idol was largely thought of as an [[TheEighties 80's]] musician, so his career was likely doomed by TheNineties anyway, given the sharp turn pop culture took only a year or two later (same goes for Creator/AndrewDiceClay). Nevertheless, it has been speculated that this movie worked as a Creator Killer for not only Clay, but Idol as well. Creator/RennyHarlin, on the other hand, still had a few years before he would suffer the [[Film/CutthroatIsland same]] [[Film/TheLongKissGoodnight fate.]]
* OldShame: Screenwriter Daniel Waters said that he hated working with Creator/AndrewDiceClay, calling the experience "traumatic". It was so bad that he was happy when Clay accidentally credited him as "Bobby Rivers" during an interview, as he felt that was one step for his name not being attached.
** Music/BillyIdol was originally going to play Smiley in the movie, but had to drop out at the last minute due to a serious motorcyle accident.
** Creator/AndrewDiceClay wanted Creator/HowardStern to play Johnny Crunch, and even convinced him to audition for the role.
** Stephen Pearcy, lead singer of Ratt, was considered to play Bobby Black.
* This movie "scored" a triple at the [[UsefulNotes/GoldenRaspberryAward Razzies]], including one for Worst Picture of 1990 (it tied with ''Film/GhostsCantDoIt'').