** Creator/CraigMcCracken wrote on his Website/DeviantArt page that this was his favorite movie.
** To paraphrase a certain Remington Shaver ad, Creator/KevinSmith liked it so much, he bought the rights!
* TheCastShowoff: Creator/PeterWeller is an accomplished musician, having studied jazz trumpet at the University of North Texas.
* DeletedScene: A bunch, many of them containing a running gag about Buckaroo's life long arch enemy Hanoi Xan, the evil leader of the World Crime League who was responsible for [[spoiler:the murders of Buckaroo's parents and first wife, Peggy.]] Penny even mistakes Lord John Whorfin for Hanoi Xan, which leaves him baffled and even asking out loud "Who's that?"
* ExecutiveMeddling - One reason given for the unexplained presence of a watermelon in Buckaroo's lab : [[spoiler: Put in so the makers of the film could see whether or not the meddling executives had given up yelling at them as of that point in the production. Yes, seriously.]]
* FanFic: In the mid-90's, author [[Literature/ReadyPlayerOne Ernest Cline]] wrote a script for the sequel tagged at the end of the film, ''Buckaroo Banzai Against The World Crime League'', that was well-received in many ''Banzai'' fan circles.
** ''TabletopGame/BattleTech'' had a "Team Banzai" mercenary unit that was basically Buckaroo Banzai with the serial numbers scratched (not even fully filed off), including the watermelon.
* ScrewedByTheLawyers: The sequel was allegedly blocked by the rights holder for fear that the associated paperwork might uncover his creative bookkeeping.
** The film's box office woes didn't help either.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: A continuation of the Banzai character has been teased a few times, but has never came to pass:
** A sequel tag, in the style of the James Bond films, for ''Buckaroo Banzai Against The World Crime League'', was placed at the end of the film, but the sequel never materialized.
** [[http://www.figmentfly.com/bb/tv4.html A pilot for a potential TV series in the 90's also looked pretty awesome.]] The script for the pilot can be found [[http://leethomson.myzen.co.uk/Pilot_Hell/Buckaroo_Banzai_1x01_-_Supersize_Those_Fries_(Dec1999).pdf here]].
** Creator/KevinSmith has mentioned in the press a number of times over 2016 of his desire to develop and produce a new ''Banzai'' TV series.