Trivia: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
- The Cast Showoff: Peter Weller is an accomplished musician, having studied jazz trumpet at the University of North Texas.
- Deleted Scene: A bunch, many of them containing a running gag about Buckaroo's life long arch enemy Hanoi Xan, the evil leader of the World Crime League who was responsible for the murders of Buckaroo's parents and first wife, Peggy. Penny even mistakes Lord John Whorfin for Hanoi Xan, which leaves him baffled and even asking out loud "Who's that?"
- Executive Meddling - One reason given for the unexplained presence of a watermelon in Buckaroo's lab : Put in so the makers of the film could see whether or not the meddling executives had given up yelling at them as of that point in the production. Yes, seriously.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Peter Weller (RoboCop), Jeff Goldblum (too many to list), Christopher Lloyd, John Lithgow, Clancy Brown, Carl Lumbly, Ellen Barkin, and many more.
- The security guard at the Trenton Home for the Criminally Insane is played by Jonathan Banks.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: The sequel was allegedly blocked by the rights holder for fear that the associated paperwork might uncover his creative bookkeeping.
- The film's box office woes didn't help either.
- What Could Have Been: That TV series looked pretty awesome.
- A sequel was planned, as advertised as the end of the film, but it never materialized.