- Artistic License – Geology: Gee where do we begin?
- Let's start with an earthquake fissure overtaking a train. Or the volcano that erupts without precursory activity, or ya know what it's just easier to accept They Just Didn't Care than actually rattle off the voluminous errors in this miniseries.
- Immediately following the original airing of 10.5, the news program showed a bunch of real-life geologists watching the movie/miniseries on TV and laughing their heads off.
- At the end of the first movie a new seaway opens up from Los Angeles to Barstow. That fine Mojave metropolis is 2100 feet above sea level, so you'd expect tall cliffs leading down to the surface of the water below. Instead there's maybe a two-foot difference between the water level and the surrounding land.
- There are plenty of potentially endangered buildings on the East Coast. The Space Needle and the Golden Gate Bridge are not among them. They would take damage, but ultimately not collapse.
- Rock wouldn't even be able to hold the amount of pressure needed for a 10.5. Especially the rock around the West Coast.
- Artistic License – Geography: Ellensburg is nowhere near Seattle.
- Artistic License – Physics: Gee ya think?
- Artistic License – Nuclear Physics: Yeah...