- Colbert Bump: The series has gained some attention due to people not believing it actually exists after receiving a Shout-Out in Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged at the end of a list including Power Rangers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in an attempt to describe the upcoming Quirky Miniboss Squad.
- Follow the Leader: As noted above, this series was created following the success of Power Rangers. As such, it contains several similarities.
- No Budget:
- For starters, the Monsters of the Week were recurring villains so that the producers wouldn't have to pay for new costumes every episode.
- The most damning evidence of this is the fact they didn't even have film, and instead recorded on videotape.
- Stunt Double: For all the heroes in their giant forms. Seriously, they go from normal to ripped:
Laurie (when they first transform): This would take years of working out!
- What Could Have Been: Rumor has it that it was originally supposed to be an adaptation of Ultra Series spinoff Andromelos, but these plans were cancelled.