- Colbert Bump: The series gained some attention due to people not believing it actually exists after receiving a Shout-Out in Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged at the end of a list including Power Rangers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in an attempt to describe the upcoming Quirky Miniboss Squad.
- Follow the Leader: This series was created following the success of Power Rangers. As such, it contains several similarities.
- No Budget:
- For starters, the Monsters of the Week were recurring villains so that the producers wouldn't have to pay for new costumes every episode.
- The most damning evidence of this is the fact they didn't even have film, and instead recorded on videotape.
- Stunt Double: For all the heroes in their giant forms. Seriously, they go from normal to ripped:
Laurie: (when they first transform) This would take years of working out!
- What Could Have Been: Rumor has it that the show was originally supposed to be an adaptation of the Ultra Series spinoff Andro Melos, but these plans were cancelled. These rumors likely stem from a combination of the fact that Super Human Samurai Syber Squad, another DiC production, was made by Tsuburaya Productions, the producers of Andro Melos, and that Andro Melos features four main characters, who presumably would've been used for the four main characters of this show.