Trivia: Tales of the Abyss
- Acting for Two: The voice actors of all characters that sport replicas, naturally. Sometimes there's even acting for three. Justified
- Bad Export for You: Although the American version got a Superlative Dubbing, the skits didn't have any voice overs. New Mystic Artes and costumes were added to the game, but most people agree those didn't compensate. This got repeated in the 3DS port.
- Also, the European release of the 3DS version wasn't translated to any other language apart from English. Even the instruction booklet, with the exception of the instructions to boot the game, got untranslated.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Ion, Sync, and Mieu, in both languages. Mieu's case is lampshaded.
Mieu: But master, I'm a boy!
Luke: You sure don't sound like one!
- Fan Nickname: Luke's Fan Nickname is Ambassador Asshat, for when he cranks up his Jerkass nature Up to Eleven as an ambassador to Akzeriuth. That's what happens when you give a spoiled rich kid authority and tell him that his freedom and the opportunity to work alongside his beloved father figure ride entirely on him doing an impressive job.
- Mr.Ending The red haired man, that could be Luke or Asch depending on viewer interpretation, who comes back at the end
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke, Ben Tennyson, Sasuke) is Luke and Asch.
- Nicole Balick (Naoto, Rondo, Claudia) is Tear.
- Before he went rogue, Van used to be an Autobot.
- Johnny Yong Bosch is Guy Cecil. MORPHINOMINAL!
- Jade is searching for that DAYUM FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD! And a blue uniform, specialties in thrusting attacks, a cool personality with a professional insight on warfare and even a Colonel of an entire army!? He is no other than the Third Squad Leader of the Shinsengumi, the wolves of Mibu, Hajime Saito!!
- At some point, Jade injected himself with a demonic virus and also was an undead gunslinger who rarely speaks.
- Stephanie Sheh (Hinata, Armor) is Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear.
- Nephry is a bored theoretical God and an excitable redheaded defence attorney.
- Mohs is Mitsurugi
- Marth Debuted in Smash Bros.: Nanaly from Tales of Destiny first appeared as a Cameo fight to the west in this game. Likewise, Reala and Harold from Tales of Destiny 2 also first appeared in this game in the form of references in Tokunaga accessories.
- No Export for You: The original PS2 version never made it to PAL territories. This was rectified with the 3DS port, which was even released earlier than the US one.
- The Other Darrin: Ion and Sync are both voiced by Ikue Otani in the game, by Yumiko Kobayashi in the anime.
- Remade for the Export: As stated above, unlike the original PlayStation 2 release, the Nintendo 3DS version was released in PAL regions.
- Talking to Himself: Replicas = same voice actor, thus highly justified. There's also an in-game example, when Lorelei possesses Tear to speak to Luke. As he says in the scene, they are the same person or at least the same fonon sentience.
- What Could Have Been: Apparently some stuff was discovered that suggests more stuff was Dummied Out. While quite a bit of it was restored for the North American localization (and the 3DS remake), among the things found were not only un-used Mystic Arte cut-ins but also Van to be playable at one point. There are quite a few unused battle lines (all of them dubbed in the english release) that are probably unused Artes, such as:
- Anise's Valkyrie Saber, Dragon Rampage and Fang Shot.
- Luke and Asch's Falling Dragon and Ravaging Hell, and Asch's Binding Doom.
- Natalia's Imperial Raid.
- Van's Majestic Apocalypse.