Trivia: Sur la piste du Marsupilami
- Actor Allusion: Jamel Debbouze's character, Pablito, riding a reluctant llama, utters at one point, "You're not moving at all, Ganja." Just like his character in Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cleopatra, another Alain Chabat movie, who had the same problem but with a donkey, said: "You're not moving at all, Cannabis."
- Fun with Subtitles: The French DVD release include "Palombian" subtitles... that is, El Spanish O applied to French.
- Hilarious Outtakes: As shown on the DVD bonus, Corpsing was a very common problem when shooting the movie.
- Playing Against Type: Lambert Wilson is mostly known for serious roles (like in the movie Of Gods and Men, or as the Merovingian in The Matrix Reloaded). As General Pochero, he gets to dress in drag and sing a Céline Dion song along with Spontaneous Choreography. An interview shows he was delighted to be offered the role.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: The chihuahua scene is this for Jamel in the DVD bonus.
- Throw It In: Pablito's Palombian insults ("hijo de speculos", "fajitas de leche") are mostly improv from Jamel Debouzze.