- Even though Getter Robo, Great Mazinger and UFO Robo Grendizer are not in Super Robot Wars K, there are two variations on the Final Dynamic Special: one done by Boss Borot and one done by Gustadio, one of the Big Bad's mecha.
- Ken, Rey, Stella, Ray, Michael, Fasalina, and much of the Fafner cast can survive their canon deaths.note This being a Super Robot Wars game however, this isn't surprising.
- Unlike in the Fafner canon, Maya sorties in the Mark Sieben very shortly after the acquisition of the Mark Sein.
- During Phantom Pain's attack on Berlin, Sting uses a Destroy Gundam as well. He and the members from Stargazer also do not meet their end until the final battle around Neo-Genesis.
- Instead of a separate planet, Zi is a remote area generally blocked off from the rest of the world through absurdly high mountains.
- Fan Nickname: Super Robot War K's plot is focused on redeeming Cagalli, to the point where Japanese fan name for the game is Super Robot Wars Kagari.
- Name's the Same: When Tangram and Daimon introduce themselves, upon hearing the latter's name, everyone gives a look towards Daimon, the elder mechanic of the Daikyu-Maryu. This includes Daiya, who has been working with Daimon the engineer for most of the game. He reassures the team that the Daimon they are speaking with has nothing to do with him.
- What Could Have Been: The developers have stated that much of the roster was filled with shows they wanted to put in Super Robot Wars Z. That means, with the exception of Mazinger Z, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny and Overman King Gainer (As they were already in the atformentioned Z) and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (As the events of that show ended before the "Z Trilogy" began), nearly ALL of the shows for the game could have been considered to be featured in the "Z Trilogy".