Trivia: Suisei no Gargantia
- Anime First: While the manga was released a couple of months prior to the airing of the first episode, work began on the anime itself in 2010.
- Fan Nickname: Sugita-bot for Chamber.
- I Knew It: Many people were quick to call bullshit in regard to Kugel's "endemic disease." And among those were people who correctly guessed that he was actually a simulated personality by Striker the moment he started appearing as a hologram.
- The second OVA covers what Kugel did when he was on Earth. He was found by a pirate fleet, and the main girl he saved ended up dying from a disease, likely tuberculosis. He too began coughing up blood at the end, and with her death, and Striker's constant influence, he starts succumbing to Sanity Slippage before he too dies from the disease and his "will" is carried out by Striker.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: One of the Okamas in the 5th episode sounded a lot like Bleach's Charlotte Coolhorn.
- What Could Have Been: There were plans for an anime sequel but due to "various circumstances", it was scrapped and the sequel became an upcoming Light Novel.