Trivia: Space Invaders
- Executive Meddling: The original design was a Breakout clone with the twist that the "bricks" fire back; they were originally people, but the executives vetoed it. They were then changed to airplanes, but they didn't make sense with the way they moved. After seeing Star Wars, the developer was inspired to change the enemies to aliens, which were acceptable to shoot and kill. It also justifies their lateral movement patterns, which didn't work with the previous designs.
- Killer App: The Atari 2600 version
- Milestone Celebration: In 2008, around the 30th anniversary of the original game's release, Square Enix and Taito released Space Invaders Extreme for the Nintendo DS and PSP, and Space Invaders Get Even for the Wii.
- Port Overdosed: There is a version of Space Invaders for almost every platform ever made, including graphing calculators and wristwatches.
- Serendipity Writes the Plot: The speed increase of the aliens as the game went on was an unintended side effect of the weak processors at the time, but the developers liked it enough to keep it in.