For the Sorcerer movie:
- Creator Killer: William Friedkin lost his Auteur License with that movie, and had a irregular career afterwards.
- Troubled Production: Four locations, budget overruns, sick crewmen, and a Prima Donna Director that didn't help. Comparisons to the similarly botched Apocalypse Now shoot were raised.
- What Could Have Been: Friedkin originally wanted Steve McQueen, Marcello Mastroianni, and Lino Ventura. Actors such as Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, and Jean-Paul Belmondo were also invited, but shooting in Latin America made them decline.
For the Sorcerer pinball game:
- Banned in China: Word of God is that Williams Electronics had "tremendous problems" selling Sorcerer in the southern United States, as many operators saw it as demonic and evil.
- So My Wife Can Play: Mark Ritchie created Sorcerer as a second-anniversary gift to his wife Trudy, who enjoys Fantasy Literature, particularly The Lord of the Rings.
- Similarly Named Works: To the Infocom computer adventure game.