Trivia: Sonic Storybook Series
- Franchise Killer: Black Knight's poor critical reception and commercial failure seems to have killed off this series of spinoffs.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Japanese gamers will recognize Caliburn's voice as being the voice of Sanji and Leomon.
- The English version also has Girl Stinky as Merlina.
- Vindicated by History: More and more people have warmed up to these games, Black Knight especially. Some even think that Black Knight was the last good Sonic story before Sonic Colors onward took the series in a more comedic direction.
- What Could Have Been: Secret Rings began life as a Wii port of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), with the developers experimenting on playing the game largely with motion control. Development then switched to making an all-new Sonic title exclusively for the Wii, designed to take full advantage of the hardware, and thus Secret Rings was born.
- Working Title: Sonic and the Secret Rings used to be Sonic Wildfire.
- For a short while between Wildfire and Secret Rings, it was also going to be called Sonic and the Secret of the Rings, but they took out the "of the" to make it a bit less wordy.