- Actor Allusion: Before Red (voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara) competes in the final round of the Duel Ship Rookie Tournament, he tells the receptionist "I'm fired up!".
- Doing It for the Art: The only possible reason CyberConnect2 could possibly have for spending ten years trying to get a green light for a Spiritual Sequel to a little game that barely sold and few had heard of: someone liked it and wanted to continue the world. Of those ten years, seven were spent on World Building. It shows.
- Executive Meddling: Part of the reason the game spent ten years in development is because Tail Concerto didn't sell as well as hoped, so Namco Bandai insisted that anything remotely related be tightened up. Arguably, this is an example of Tropes Are Not Bad, because the result is gorgeous.
- Milestone Celebration: This game is considered to be CyberConnect2's 15th anniversary celebration, being a sequel to the very first game they developed.
- No Export for You: Thankfully averted, both for Europe, and America.
- Saved from Development Hell: Finally released in Japan in 2010 and the rest of the world in 2011.