- Ascended Extra: Gary Holt was a longtime friend of the band and a very, very skilled musician in his own right who went from a temporary live fill-in to a full-fledged new member after Hanneman's passing.
- Author Existence Failure: Jeff Hanneman's death has forced Kerry King to do all the guitar work for the band's upcoming album aside from some leads from Holt. It's expected that the album, if and when it's released, will be dedicated to Hanneman.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: When Jeff Hanneman passed away, several newspapers wrote an obituary that featured the image of Gary Holt, the band's backup guitarist during Hanneman's recovery.
- Fan Community Nickname: The Slaytanic Wehrmacht.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Despite his scary stage persona, Tom Araya is, by all accounts, a very friendly guy.
- Old Shame: Diabolus In Musica, especially, is this to Kerry King.
- Reclusive Artist: Jeff Hanneman, to some degree. The other members were quite happy to hang out with fans after shows and regularly gave interviews, while Jeff would almost always retire to the bus to read and seldom gave interviews. Outside of touring and recording, his bandmates seldom heard from him; most of his free time was spent with his wife. While people criticized King for calling him a dear friend despite having not seen him for several months prior to his death, the truth was that even if you were one of Jeff's buddies, seeing him on a very infrequent basis was perfectly normal and expected.