Trivia: Shovel Knight
- Colbert Bump: During the last few days of the Kickstarter campaign, a prerelease build of the game was sent to several prominent YouTubers, including Two Best Friends Play and Game Grumps, for greater public exposure.
- Fan Nickname:
- "Banana Knight" for Specter Knight before he was revealed.
- "Big Daddy Knight" for Treasure Knight.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content:
- Those who paid for it through the game's crowd-funding campaign were put into the game in sprite form. A small few people also paid for the opportunity to become director of the studio for one day. Winners of the fan art contest that created original material have it featured in the game in some fashion.
- The Baz appears as a secret boss, as do Reize Seatlan, Phantom Striker, and Mr. Hat. The fifth director for a day designed the Liquid Samurai, a standard enemy that appears late in the game.
- Although not from any one source, multiple game mechanics were either suggested or altered due to fan input through the design hang-outs, which were exclusive to anyone who donated $75 or above.
- In Tales Of Alethrion, Shovel Knight makes a cameo for a few seconds in "The First Hero," where he appears to be telling tales of his grand adventures to other heroes before apparently being killed.